Pandemonium

I heard today from a ride operator. Apocalypse might have another season left but Pandemonium only has 2 weeks left if you want any final rides.

I can back this up, I heard the same, although I didn't know it only had 2 weeks left, they're definitely in a hurry, and it will be removed as they need pandy out to get apoc out

Why would they need to get rid of Pandemonium to remove Apocalypse?

Well, Pandy's pad is the site used to park cranes so that they only need a 60m boom to remove the top of the tower. Without removing Pandy, the smallest distance to the top that a sufficiently tall crane can access is over pandemonium, needing a far longer boom, approximately 90m, which would require them to hire Britain's tallest crane. I'll tell you something now, that isn't cheap. It's for that reason that tower 3 is out of commision as the lift motor is a horrific mess, never to run again, but they can't get it out, or a new one in to replace it otherwise, and it's not viable to hire the tallest crane in britain for a ride that has only got 1 year left.

Well I rode it yesterday on a spur of the moment decision, and it had something trip and the ride stopped, just before we were about to go over and upside down! It turns out the recovery from this is the ride just keeps swinging as friction naturally slows the arms dow, it docks adn then goes back to the load/unload position! Great fun, and the staff couldn't have been kinder, but took 7 minutes from stopping till we could get off, and only came off it at 2 minutes to closing.

It was down today so the issue obviously not fixed. We had an evac on Maelstrom as well today then it didn’t line up properly at the end of the ride. They seem to have fixed the issue but the end of the day though.

I'm going back again on fireworks night and knowing it will be my last ever ride I'm definitely keen to prioritise it that day.

I noticed its still closed today. I hope they get it running before the end of the season and don't just conclude it isn't worth it with only 13 days left.

I was on the ride when it broke! With hindsight, I think it may be a restraint error. on the arm closest to buffalo on the row facing accel and dutchman, the two restraint open lights were on when the restraints were open. when they shut, the two restraint closed lights lit, but one restraint open light remained on (I don't think it was exactly labelled restraint open, but it was too that effect) the ride swung up, but presumably did a final safety check before inverting, caught the error and stopped. this was either a faulty sensor or restraint fault. I don't think it was a hydraulic leak as the hydraulic rams that raise the ride worked, and the restraint ratchet lock

Back