Maelstrom

This is my most favourite photo I've captured at Drayton Manor, and it's of Maelstrom :love:

DSC_0484 [2].jpg

24/5/16

this and pandemonium are really what makes the flat collection for me : P
all I would need now is to have an S&S shot tower and then I'd have my 3 favourite flats in the same park lol
though I could never see that happening since it would be too similar to Apocalypse

Would anybody be interested in seeing the original theming peice added to the front of the ride?

What are your opinions on the theme? I like it! Not too heavily themed but is also unique and is far better than having nothing.

I like the theme! Something different and complements Fisherman’s Wharf very well! Yes I would like the original theming peice back but it’s still well themed!

Reactions: Dan
I like the theme! Something different and complements Fisherman’s Wharf very well! Yes I would like the original theming peice back but it’s still well themed!
I still think Fisherman's Wharf and Pirate Cove could be merged to create one large area, the themes are so very similar. Perhaps the replacement for G-Force could have some nod to Fisherman's Wharf rather than Action Park.... What do you all think?

I'm not sure if anybody remembers, but there used to be a foul smelling plant in the queueline, I believe that has been removed, the queue for Maelstrom is quite frequently in the overflow section. It's so popular!

Themeparksandy1981 that's the one I meant!

I still think Fisherman's Wharf and Pirate Cove could be merged to create one large area, the themes are so very similar. Perhaps the replacement for G-Force could have some nod to Fisherman's Wharf rather than Action Park.... What do you all think?

I'm not sure if anybody remembers, but there used to be a foul smelling plant in the queueline, I believe that has been removed, the queue for Maelstrom is quite frequently in the overflow section. It's so popular!

Themeparksandy1981 that's the one I meant!
I do hope G-Force’s replacement is Fisherman themed. Said it before but seagull themed ride could work!

Reactions: Dan
Maelstrom has also recieved some TLC for the 2019 season! Drayton Manor have replaced the stickers above the seats with the Maelstrom logo, this looks really great. They have also updated some of the scenery in the queue line making it look far fresher. Great job Drayton!

I think it’s the best themed flat ride queue is the UK. A lot of detail has gone into it but it’s best at night pity that’s only 2 or 3 nights a year.

Back