Accelerator

I think the outside queue bit will be better done for next season as can see the 2m rule staying in place for the rest of the year.
It’s a shame they really can’t have entertainment above there as it’s a nice stage area.
The queue was spilling out the entrance of the ride blocking the midway last year cause of social distancing. I also had kids who kept running into me which isn't an issue because I'm tall but does needed to be addressed around that area

Maintenance
77206135-9D1D-4E3B-B12C-610A8E4B8C60.jpeg
DE235C33-A52F-4213-887F-86AA5128DCA0.jpeg
AB9C3C67-4A68-46CE-9266-D353D7F5322D.jpeg

Unusual for accelerator to be closed during Feb half term but I guess with Vikings they have a better ride offering that they can take longer to maintain it

I just wish they'd paint the damn thing something other than green!

Unusual for accelerator to be closed during Feb half term but I guess with Vikings they have a better ride offering that they can take longer to maintain it

I just wish they'd paint the damn thing something other than green!
Agreed. The colour doesn't match the theme at all. A purple track could look quite nice I think...

The outside of the building is in a bad state and will need to be redone or re-themed again.
I think the track and station will be painted however I don't think the whole ride will be re-themed. Who really knows though, it could be as part of the new coaster for 2024 or just left as it is.

I think the operations on Accelerator are without a doubt the most impressive and effecient of all the rides at Drayton Manor. The speed that they can cycle the attraction is quite impressive. It is almost up on par with how Alton Towers can cycle a large amount of their attractions, a park world renown for slick operations. (although not as good as Europe Park!)

This is down to two reasons, one, the ride is setup from the construction to allow a slick operation when need be. The whole setup of the station, airgates and batching system allows the attraction to cycle quickly when there is enough staff. To maximise throughput.

The second being the obvious if running the correct number of staff.

Drayton I hope, as they look to attract more guests, are looking at attractions like next year's new coaster, and thinking about throughput from the very start. It should always be at the forefront of park operators minds.

Just sit and watch the ride on a busy day and see how quickly they get the trains out. Really is impressive. The throughput may not be the highest but the cycling speed is up there in the sense that they have the attraction operating almost as fast as it is possible to run it.

Will be nice to see this on future rides. Most current rides at the park are simply not setup or designed to support this kind of cycling with guests on each cycle. Going forward, I hope they take some ques from this attraction when choosing and implementing new attractions at the park.

Last edited:
I think the operations on Accelerator are without a doubt the most impressive and effecient of all the rides at Drayton Manor. The speed that they can cycle the attraction is quite impressive. It is almost up on par with how Alton Towers can cycle a large amount of their attractions, a park world renown for slick operations. (although not as good as Europe Park!)

This is down to two reasons, one, the ride is setup from the construction to allow a slick operation when need be. The whole setup of the station, airgates and batching system allows the attraction to cycle quickly when there is enough staff. To maximise throughput.

The second being the obvious if running the correct number of staff.

Drayton I hope, as they look to attract more guests, are looking at attractions like next year's new coaster, and thinking about throughput from the very start. It should always be at the forefront of park operators minds.

Just sit and watch the ride on a busy day and see how quickly they get the trains out. Really is impressive. The throughput may not be the highest but the cycling speed is up there in the sense that they have the attraction operating almost as fast as it is possible to run it.

Will be nice to see this on future rides. Most current rides at the park are simply not setup or designed to support this kind of cycling with guests on each cycle. Going forward, I hope they take some ques from this attraction when choosing and implementing new attractions at the park.
They must be having major staffing issues at Drayton as twice I been in the past month there’s only been 2 members of staff and the member of staff who operated the ride also let the guests onto the ride platform.

They must be having major staffing issues at Drayton as twice I been in the past month there’s only been 2 members of staff and the member of staff who operated the ride also let the guests onto the ride platform.
Why is this? Is it a matter of training folks?

I know there are shortages of staff in lots of places but I've not seen a single advert for jobs at the park. You think there'd be a couple of signs with QR codes on the approach to the park for when folks are queuing to get in.

I know there are shortages of staff in lots of places but I've not seen a single advert for jobs at the park.
This is very true I don't think I have ever seen a single advert for a job at the park either. Maybe the staffing issue is caused due to them adding new rides/areas and not hiring any more workers so they have to use staff from other rides.

Well that was something I pointed out when going to WMSP just after the Looping takeover that staff seemed to cover multiple rides and just slotted in when a queue got big enough.

It could be park management looking at staff and cost savings and it’s the same with the food and retail kiosks with the amount that is closed over the park and zoo.

Back