Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeynips

Has anybody enjoyed any of the events set out at Christmas and New year's eve? Looked at going new years just gone and could pick from 3 themes, all seemed to have a magician and meals with the price. Be interested in any reviews for booking this year as was child friendly.

I would love to hear from the Bryan family and how they seen the park go from Drayton Manor Park and Zoo to Drayton Manor theme park. Going from a amusement park which cost tickets per ride, To wristbands and tickets to 1 price pay entry.

I would love to hear from the Bryan family and how they seen the park go from Drayton Manor Park and Zoo to Drayton Manor theme park. Going from a amusement park which cost tickets per ride, To wristbands and tickets to 1 price pay entry.
If you haven’t got one I recommend picking up one of the history books from the park. They’ve been selling them for 50p recently and it’s a good read and covers some of this.

Imagine if you still had to keep 2m apart when Kids had to tell Santa what they wanted for Christmas and he told them to leave the milk, Cookies and Carrot outside.

So we’ve taken the plunge and decided to book a night during the coronation event. (No way I’ll be driving on the motor way early morning and very late night after a day/evening in the park). I’ll be taking a 6 year old with me and will have a buggy on stand by ready for when he crashes haha! My question is , would any of you lovely people have recommendations on what must be on our list to do or see ? I’m hoping it’s not just Vikings that will be open for late riding like previously last year.

So we’ve taken the plunge and decided to book a night during the coronation event. (No way I’ll be driving on the motor way early morning and very late night after a day/evening in the park). I’ll be taking a 6 year old with me and will have a buggy on stand by ready for when he crashes haha! My question is , would any of you lovely people have recommendations on what must be on our list to do or see ? I’m hoping it’s not just Vikings that will be open for late riding like previously last year.
That's so exciting. Hope you have a super time.

It's only the post fireworks experience that I have of night time riding at DM. I'm sure other folks would be able to say how it worked before.

I think Adventure Cove would be a great area with some nice spotlighting and help get the feel of the nighttime fairground.

Thankyou , we are quite looking forward to it. That’s such a good idea , I’m hoping by may he has a growth spurt as at the minute he can only do the wave swinger so it’s not an optimal part of the park for us however I’m super excited to be eventually able to share the rapids and storm force with him.

Thankyou , we are quite looking forward to it. That’s such a good idea , I’m hoping by may he has a growth spurt as at the minute he can only do the wave swinger so it’s not an optimal part of the park for us however I’m super excited to be eventually able to share the rapids and storm force with him.
Plenty of food, plenty of sleep and plenty of time standing in manure. :ROFLMAO:

My little lad - tallest in a his class - just "qualified" for 1.3 rides last year. He's wanting to hit 1.4 this year, just did a check against the boards on Friday and he's 1.36 so maybe in time for the fireworks at the end of season.

Plenty of food, plenty of sleep and plenty of time standing in manure. :ROFLMAO:

My little lad - tallest in a his class - just "qualified" for 1.3 rides last year. He's wanting to hit 1.4 this year, just did a check against the boards on Friday and he's 1.36 so maybe in time for the fireworks at the end of season.
Think that’s the biggest problem at Drayton at the moment they got lots of rides up to 1m
Then 1.05m the next bench mark for Cranky, Loki and Jormungandr
1.1m you got a few rides they can ride on there own but really only drunken barrels is new.
1.2m that’s when u do feel your older when you can ride 3 coasters on your own, Thor, The Bounty, Air race, River rapids with a adult and Wave swinger in their own seat and Dodgems with a adult driving.
1.3m Maelstrom and Stormforce 10 with an adult.
Now most kids at this height either don’t go to theme parks anymore or rather go to Alton Towers.
1.4m Shockwave now after my daughter had already been on the Smiler, Rita and Nemesis before this was let down by it’s short circuit.
1.45 m she not far off this and then she can go on the Dodgems on her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back