What Sort of Roller Coasters Would You Love to See Drayton Manor Get?

Harry

Here's a thread posted for everyone to post what you would love for Drayton Manor to consider purchasing for the future.

Realistically, I can see Drayton Manor getting a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster to fill in the area where Buffalo and the grassland by Vertigo. It's a low budget family roller coaster that can either be a model 294m, 342m, 395m, or 453m. With the cheapest of the model ranging around £3.2m (Negotiation and transport cost + VAT can differ final production cost), this will be a great investment for the park considering the park is known for it's not so high budget rides and attractions. Personally I would go with the 395m design:

Length: 1,295.9 ft
Height: 64.3 ft
Speed: 34.2 mph
Inversions: 0
Elements: Booster Wheel Lift Hill

Arrangement: Single train with 10 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 20 riders.

The 395m layout is the same as Flight of the Pterosaur at Paultons Park, some may argue "Why get something the UK already has?", but you can also argue the point that Paultons have something Drayton had first, which is Accelerator, a Vekoma Family Boomerang. The 395m is a bit more pricey coming around £5m.

The park hasn't had a new a new coaster since the opening on Thomas Land in 2008 where the Gerstlauer Junior Coaster was installed replacing the old Pinfari Super Dragon coaster.

Even though it was speculated for a new coaster in 2017/18, unfortunately that wasn't a reality. Hopefully something can be done in the future that can interest and bring more guests to the park.

Here's a thread posted for everyone to post what you would love for Drayton Manor to consider purchasing for the future.

Realistically, I can see Drayton Manor getting a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster to fill in the area where Buffalo and the grassland by Vertigo. It's a low budget family roller coaster that can either be a model 294m, 342m, 395m, or 453m. With the cheapest of the model ranging around £3.2m (Negotiation and transport cost + VAT can differ final production cost), this will be a great investment for the park considering the park is known for it's not so high budget rides and attractions. Personally I would go with the 395m design:

Length: 1,295.9 ft
Height: 64.3 ft
Speed: 34.2 mph
Inversions: 0
Elements: Booster Wheel Lift Hill

Arrangement: Single train with 10 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 20 riders.

The 395m layout is the same as Flight of the Pterosaur at Paultons Park, some may argue "Why get something the UK already has?", but you can also argue the point that Paultons have something Drayton had first, which is Accelerator, a Vekoma Family Boomerang. The 395m is a bit more pricey coming around £5m.

The park hasn't had a new a new coaster since the opening on Thomas Land in 2008 where the Gerstlauer Junior Coaster was installed replacing the old Pinfari Super Dragon coaster.

Even though it was speculated for a new coaster in 2017/18, unfortunately that wasn't a reality. Hopefully something can be done in the future that can interest and bring more guests to the park.
Completely agree. Having ridden Flight of the Pterosaur, I think a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster would be an excellent addition to Drayton. (y)

Reactions: Dan
Ben 10 coaster opened in 2011. I think for the family market they could buy a 2nd half wild mouse coaster but Theme it to another IP or to fit into Fishmans wharf,Action park or on the grass by the buffalo.

I do believe that a VEKOMA family suspended coaster (Or whatever they call it) will be Drayton's next coaster! I'd hope that parts of if go over the lake to make it more unique! As for a theme I can only think of a seagull theme as they could put the station where G Force is/ was as its close to Fisherman's Wharf.

To add to the theme why not get loads of seagulls to start pooing on the track. Cheap theming!

As much as Buffalo is a classic coaster at Drayton, it will be a coaster I wouldn't mind seeing being removed AS LONG as it is replace by another coaster.
Agreed. It is very old and pretty rough now, but needs another coaster to replace it.

Ha! I'd like the park to get something maybe a little more different to what we currently have in the UK, something to really pull the crowds in.

I think the next addition has to be a Family Coaster, Accelerator / Ben 10 was a big success for the park and pulled in an age demographic between Thomas Land and the general Theme Park, it also is popular with thrill seekers from what I've seen! Something like that, maybe on a bigger scale with a bigger footprint on the park, would be a great addition.

I don't think it will be the next investment, I think the park will save for the next few years to pay debts off and use the combined Car Parking and Hotel Revenue, as well as money from increased guest figures, then once they're in a better financial situation will make an investment. Maybe not a large one, but one to pull in the crowds to test the market as such.

The Buffalo was on it's last legs 15 years ago, so by now it most certainly would be on it's last legs!

A family Vekoma would be a good fit for the park. I know plans have been drawn up for a Vekoma on the site of the old Buffalo site, this was well over a decade ago and nothing ever came of it. But there has been plans for a new coaster there, for sometime. As someone mentioned above, the cheapest model being 3.2 million. That would just be for the ride hardware, Vekoma do not and have never offered a turn key solution. On top of the ride hardware purchased from Vekoma, there are other things the park would need to purchase on top from seperate contractors, usual local ones in Draytons case. Things like concrete (footers, foundations) landscaping, electrical work, station, safety certifications to name a few, would all be things that would need to be paid for on top of the ride and not to Vekoma. Vekoma do not offer a turnkey solution, most manufacturers do not in fact. You buy the ride hardware, it turns up, it is your job as the park to find someone to build it.

Sorry for the double post. Years ago (6 years ago maybe) there was a documentary that appeared online, in the documentary a Vekoma employee was interviewed. On the wall of his office were the plans for a roller coaster on what was quite clearly the Buffalo site at Drayton Manor.

Then, a year or so later, an off the shelf dueling designed, single car launched family coaster, appeared on Vekomas website. The layout of this off the shelf design was pretty much exact to what was on these plans. I believe Drayton worked with Vekoma on this design, once Drayton no longer wanted it, Vekoma put the design up for sale. This echos rumours from years ago that a hot wheels or Scalextric themed coaster was coming to Drayton. Which would have fitted this nicely. This design was meant to go on the Buffalo site, going out over the lake. This layout is pretty exact to what was planned for Drayton. For whatever reason it was canceled, but blueprints were drawn up.

Last edited:
I think drayton need a launch coaster like rita @altontowers maybe it could be the same style as rita but maybe when rita was the queen of speed before the forest took over it could be the prelude to alton towers' rita

I think drayton need a launch coaster like rita @altontowers maybe it could be the same style as rita but maybe when rita was the queen of speed before the forest took over it could be the prelude to alton towers' rita

I think there’s a bigger chance that Rita itself will be at Drayton one day than a different one. I do think Rita or Spinball Whizzer will be the next coasters to leave Towers so who knows? Drayton could take advantage and buy one or the two?

Back