Next Thrill Ride or Roller Coaster with a Minimum Height Requirement of 1.3m

It's not what they're now marketing. The park is much better off with a RES Roller Ball. Much cheaper, more reliable, smaller footprint.
With S&S you're looking around £8m minimum, even with their family suspended coaster model. With RES it's around £2m which is more affordable and isn't plagued with issues.

The new Axis concept from S&S looks great, and (if money wasn’t an option) it could be a fantastic addition to Drayton Manor, with a custom layout. They could do something amazing with the lake and the way the trains navigate the track!

Whilst they could market is as a ‘world’s first’ if they were the first park to get it, which would (probably) lead to a boost in attendance with good marketing, I can’t see them getting a new major ride/ addition (outside of Thomas Land) that costs a few million pounds until at least 2022 (at this rate).

On the other hand, this year’s IAPPA Expo is coming to an end, and if you’ve followed seen updates across social media, you’ve probably seen the compact spinning coaster from SBF Visa (a fairly cheap ride manufacturer) that features a ‘hampster wheel’ like train on the back. Could that be Drayton’s next coaster? Cheap, fairly compact, and some good features for easy marketing? I’d assume the ‘hampster wheel’ train would have a height restriction of 1.3m (at least), with the normal spinning trains having a lower one. Your killing two birds with one stone as it could be both a family and thrill ride! What do you think?

Think Drayton need to get some Zamperla thrill family rides in as since Thomas land opened we lost so many rides in the main park. In the 12 years since Thomas was added we lost the Big Wheel, Pirate Adventure, Excalibur, Drayton Queen, Sombrero’s, Black Revolver, G-Force and the chair lift and only got Air race, Ben 10 coaster and the 4D cinema as the Only replacements.

Think Drayton need to get some Zamperla thrill family rides in as since Thomas land opened we lost so many rides in the main park. In the 12 years since Thomas was added we lost the Big Wheel, Pirate Adventure, Excalibur, Drayton Queen, Sombrero’s, Black Revolver, G-Force and the chair lift and only got Air race, Ben 10 coaster and the 4D cinema as the Only replacements.
I agree with this and I hope Drayton don't get a Zamperla Volare because they are the worst rides ever! Even the roughest SLC's are better than them so if you want to check one out once the lockdown is over, go to Flamingo Land and ride Hero or Pain as it should be called. An El Loco like Mumbo Jumbo would be a better addition to replace G-Force but it would have to have good colours and theming.

So I looked at the IAAPA highlights from 2019 and Zamperla had a few reveals up their sleeve.

One of which is called a Lightning coaster. According to interviews, it's an improved model of their Thunderbolt coaster (Check out Coney Island) with lighter trains and models that are a lot more affordable than the Thunderbolt. I'm just... throwing it into the air... though G-force2 would be much appreciated by park guests...

Back