Shockwave

The red train is no longer used, however I am fairly certain it is still on site. However I think they probably just use it for parts for the blue train. To answer your question, I don’t really think there’s much of a noticeable difference.
I didn’t realise this. I avoided the park over the summer holidays due to crowds but what were shockwave queues like with only one train?

The red train hasn't been used for a while, sentiments about it being a part donor are likely correct - I can't imagine parts for Shockwave are easy to come by.

I don't really see much of a difference in operations with two trains, the course is so short, it almost makes two trains pointless. By the time the faff of people getting seated is finished, the other train will likely have been sat on the brakes for 5 minutes - it doesn't seem to make sense to have the second train any more.

Drayton Manor's website has recently been updated to state that Shockwave will not be opening alongside the rest of the park on the 18th and is now 'closed until further notice due to restrictions in place'. This is clearly a last minute decision by the park as it was intended to open. Could the ride now be reopening in 2021?!

Drayton Manor's website has recently been updated to state that Shockwave will not be opening alongside the rest of the park on the 18th and is now 'closed until further notice due to restrictions in place'. This is clearly a last minute decision by the park as it was intended to open. Could the ride now be reopening in 2021?!
It's like the Ultimate and Raptor Attack at Lightwater Valley. In terms of coaster-wise, they want to focus more on the families or youngsters for the rest of the season but it's not great to see Europe's best stand-up coaster closed for the rest of the season (that TOGO one in Italy is soooo uncomfortable and rough)!:cry:

I’m so sad this won’t be open on my visit next week. Hope the rumours about it going aren’t true, I know they want a more family orientated theme park but it would be a huge loss for it to go before it’s truly at the end of its life.

well eventually shockwave will go as its one of a kind spare parts will be hard to come by and the red train cant be a part donor forever i just hope it wont be soon as i love this coaster to absolute pieces and it would be a shame to see it go

When I was by Air Race and went on the train I didn’t see the Blue Shockwave train in the station so maybe it’s in the maintenance shed awaiting parts. Sign outside said closed for maintenance but the queue line door was open.

Back