Apocalypse

This season will most likely be its last. I’ll definitely be making the most out of it whilst it’s still there.

Had a few rides yesterday on this and I must say it’ll be a huge loss when it finally does go. It was popular yesterday and a ride range of age ranges going on, so I don’t think there’s a need to get rid of it, other than the costs of maintenance etc.

If Pandemonium goes (not a favourite of mine), then I’d rather test track be ripped up and use the space from those 2 plots for a future attraction. Did someone say a ZacSpin may be going up there? Put it sideways and leave Apocalypse alone is, albeit with defeated realism, my view!

Had a few rides yesterday on this and I must say it’ll be a huge loss when it finally does go. It was popular yesterday and a ride range of age ranges going on, so I don’t think there’s a need to get rid of it, other than the costs of maintenance etc.

If Pandemonium goes (not a favourite of mine), then I’d rather test track be ripped up and use the space from those 2 plots for a future attraction. Did someone say a ZacSpin may be going up there? Put it sideways and leave Apocalypse alone is, albeit with defeated realism, my view!
Agreed. Apocalypse is central to Drayton Manor's image (as terrifying as it is!). It's been an icon at the park for a long time now and is one of the few things you can see from outside the actual theme park.
It would be a tragedy for it to go. I would hope that it got cloned and replaced if whatever issues it is currently dealing with are irreversable.

Its sad seeing the ride just lying dormant on 3 towers with the weights just stuck up the top for the potential rest of its life :C

It does look like this year could be its last. Was looking at the area today and seeing the area where the outdoor queue use to be, Apocalypse, Test Track and Pandemonium they could build a good coaster and theme it to fit the shootout and the Haunting.

Had an evac on the floorless standup today, it didn’t tilt forward so the emergency button was hit. Only up a minute or so (about at the top of the building structure) then down for about half hour before opening again.

Sadly, im self isolating but my sis went with her class to drayton today, she said stand up was off, i hope this hasnt been closed from that day onwards!

Back