Crazy Golf

Dan

Team Member
Team Member
The Crazy Golf attraction at Drayton Manor can be found on the left of the main entrance road into Drayton Manor, next to the former Chairlift station! This small course is an original element of the park and has around 9 holes. Clubs are collected from The Grill Inn, and can be played for FREE with Drayton's Ultimate Pass - new for 2019!

Below is a traditional photo of Crazy Golf from the park, notice the queue for the Chairlift, that station once functioned as a boarding platform!

Crazy Golf.jpg

What are your opinions of Crazy Golf at Drayton Manor? Let us know!

Has crazy golf only just reopened? I remember there used to be a hut to collect clubs but I’ve not seen anyone play it for years.

Reactions: Dan
I'm not too sure! I don't know much about the Crazy Golf, I've seen it but not seen anybody play it for years.

I assume they don't use the hut any more due to a lack of popularity?

If someone could enlighten us on this that'd be awesome!

You collect the balls and clubs from the hotel reception. You got to give a deposit which u get back once u bring the stuff back undamaged.
I played golf about 20 years ago with my friends.
We'll be taking some photos of the Mini Golf Course on our next visit to the park!

I don't see any restrictions on the Mini Golf being open in terms of season dates, so I imagine this is popular for children staying in the hotel during the closed season, a small demographic but this must still be a market. I'd like to see the park market the Mini Golf more, they seem to be doing this using the Ultimate Pass to promote the free golf - I've also seen it appear in artwork over the years.

On my recent visit to the park (and staying in the park's hotel) I did play Crazy Golf, and I didn't have to pay anything for the clubs or golf balls. And I can see why. Even though it has had a rebrand recently, it's not the best crazy golf course I've done. It was fun, and was something to do at night, however I would like to see a major overhaul of the different holes. I also think it needs advertising more, as you wouldn't know it's there unless you know the park well, stayed at the hotel, or looked at it when you drove past it when entering the park!

We played for the 1st time on Sunday cause of the queues. We went round twice cause there was no one there. That volcano hole is impossible to do in 6 shots and many of them ended up in the bushes but my daughter enjoyed it.

We played for the 1st time on Sunday cause of the queues. We went round twice cause there was no one there. That volcano hole is impossible to do in 6 shots and many of them ended up in the bushes but my daughter enjoyed it.
Do you still go to the hotel reception for clubs? I keep meaning to have a go on this but forget it's there until we're leaving!

Yes you go to the reception and it’s £2 each for non pass holders and they ask you to use the hand sanitizer before picking up the clubs and the balls to the left of the reception and when you return you hand them back to reception who clean them and put back and you use the hand sanitizer again. Just remember your mask as it’s got to be on at all times in the hotel.

Back