Splash Canyon

I preferred the splash canyon rapids due to the speed and how many rapids there were but I prefer the adventure cove exterior.it would be amazing if they could combine both. Since it changed to adventure cove , the rapids don’t seem as wild and seem more calm.

Which version of the ride does everyone here prefer? Splash Canyon, or The Adventure Cove River Rapids?
Honestly I like both. Splash Canyon was better for thrills and actually getting wet, something which the River Rapids seems to lack, However I definitely think in terms of theming the Rapids easily take the win. Adventure Cove in general is just such a well themed area and the Shockwave/Rapids station colour scheme really does look amazing.
the rapids don’t seem as wild and seem more calm.
This was 100% due to the incident in 2017. But I do think the rapids could be made 'more wild' as there are already other safety measures in place to ensure the guests' safety.

Honestly I like both. Splash Canyon was better for thrills and actually getting wet, something which the River Rapids seems to lack, However I definitely think in terms of theming the Rapids easily take the win. Adventure Cove in general is just such a well themed area and the Shockwave/Rapids station colour scheme really does look amazing.

This was 100% due to the incident in 2017. But I do think the rapids could be made 'more wild' as there are already other safety measures in place to ensure the guests' safety.
I completely understand the circumstances it just seems a shame it’s now more of a lazy river unlike its advertised name. As you’ve said . There are a number of safety measures such as increased staff sitting around the course , bigger height restrictions, schools children no longer being able to go on their own boats without a teacher in the boat. New and improved boats with safety doors. That being said I completely understand the park wanting to not take any chances. The previous incarnation of the ride will always have fond memories.

[/QUOTE]

Yes this is definitely the case. It is still q fun ride tho

Splash Canyon for me. River Rapids doesn't really have much theming. It is mainly just bright paints and a few smoke stacks. There is not much theming per say.

Splash Canyon had a very strong mine town theme, complete with animatronics and plenty of mining equipment along the route, not to mention the ride was a more intense rapids ride.

That is not to say River Rapids is crap, it is enjoyable. But comparing the two objectively, Splash Canyon is a clear winner, without a doubt. But subjectively for me, yeah Splash Canyon too.

I dunno if I've ever mentioned this before, but when I was pretty young (around 4-5) I was riding Splash with my Nan and Mum and almost fell into the water. I wasn't even standing up or doing anything against the safety standards, but yet this was still the case.

I think the incident in 2017 was honestly inevitable and always going to happen on a rapids ride at some point, just a shame it had to be Drayton.

Glad we have a new variation of the ride back now though - with all the new safety preparations.

I dunno if I've ever mentioned this before, but when I was pretty young (around 4-5) I was riding Splash with my Nan and Mum and almost fell into the water. I wasn't even standing up or doing anything against the safety standards, but yet this was still the case.

I think the incident in 2017 was honestly inevitable and always going to happen on a rapids ride at some point, just a shame it had to be Drayton.

Glad we have a new variation of the ride back now though - with all the new safety preparations.
I once was tired and put my head on the head rest and slept off after hitting a bump and my head smashed into a rock. I was bleeding.

Back