Splash Canyon

Let's hope so, it looked like there was a fair amount of work to do on the lift hill still about 2 weeks ago as there was virtually no wood on it.

Has anyone seen any progress since?

I'm there twice over the bank holiday weekend, so will try and take a look at the progress.

Let's hope so, it looked like there was a fair amount of work to do on the lift hill still about 2 weeks ago as there was virtually no wood on it.

Has anyone seen any progress since?
The shower building at the end of the ride has been made to look like a houseboat, new fencing has gone in and planet more cleaning and painting. They're working heavy during the week and painting up on weekends at the moment so potentially an early june opening. I'm there tomorrow for another update so I'll link that here if people want - I'm assuming physical construction will be finished in 2/3 weeks and testing can commence

10 boats round the back by the car park now, and I think 4 at the front by Shockwave loop. Someone else may need to confirm that. Looking really good!
If boats are being delivered it does seem likely that testing won’t be too far off. Any with the rings on yet?

If boats are being delivered it does seem likely that testing won’t be too far off. Any with the rings on yet?
Yep no rings yet but there's 10 at the back and 4 at the front and has been like that for over a week now so maybe that'll be the full amount. Physical construction is not complete or near yet so I wouldn't say testing for at least a couple of weeks.

Oh and by the way i posted another update this morning that was filmed yesterday afternoon! The links just there if anyone wants to check it out

Yep no rings yet but there's 10 at the back and 4 at the front and has been like that for over a week now so maybe that'll be the full amount. Physical construction is not complete or near yet so I wouldn't say testing for at least a couple of weeks.

Oh and by the way i posted another update this morning that was filmed yesterday afternoon! The links just there if anyone wants to check it out
Nice video, it always amazes me how quickly construction projects progress.

I been thinking carefully and over the past 3 weekends the park been sold out at least 4 days with limited crowd numbers. If the government roadmap keeps going in the right direction and if Social distancing is a thing of the past (maybe just masks indoors) then on 21st June all remaining closed attractions can reopen, no restrictions on amount of guests and a return of the rapids, New Thomas 4D movie, a wave swinger and could be that kids ride that was rumoured to come last year.

Some more info about the rapids i think it has been said before but here you all go
0CABC8D6-7FDC-4FF1-8B36-3436A447CFF2.jpeg

I certainly hope that isn't the ride name - i was discussing with a few friends and hopefully it's just a filler name for now but I'm not sure. The options with the theme are so broad
Drayton confirmed to me in a tweet that ‘River Rapids’ is indeed the name.

Whilst of course it seems basic, many people just refer to this style of ride as ‘the rapids’ anyway despite whatever name they have.
I don’t think the name will take away from the theme, but rather act as an easy, clear brand for the ride.

Whilst of course it seems basic, many people just refer to this style of ride as ‘the rapids’ anyway despite whatever name they have.
I don’t think the name will take away from the theme, but rather act as an easy, clear brand for the ride.
That is definitely true but when you've got attractions such as "Maelstrom", "Shockwave", "Tidal Towers" and "Storm Force 10" it really doesn't work in my opinion. It'd be ashame if it does - I've seen no concept art got the entrance so we'll have to see

That's a little disappointing. I'm sure they could have come up with something a little more creative.

Saying that, I was always think of it as Splash Canyon!

Back