Blasting Barrels (Originally Drunken Barrels)

Ciaran

Team Member
Team Member
Hands down one of my favourite rides in the park. I love the theming, I just wish the park had done more with it than just use it for one attraction. I could honestly imagine a themed area based on Oktoberfest.

26/09/18

Great pictures from all of you. I remember seeing Drunken Barrels in its opening year, and as you say, the ride has a very cool concept and idea. Instead of just being a lazily built teacupts, they've opted for a very high quality Intamin product, and extensively made it appear as if you were in some sort of jolly beer hall, fit with music, kegs of giant beer (mmmm), and as can be seen in the picture above, even stuff like fermenters and plates of traditional German/Prussian foods.
Great ride, and a great idea.

Yes I believe that is correct, and all for the better really! Also explains why the hilarious 'I want YOU to stop screaming' sign was installed in the Pandemonium queue with a great big graphic of Lord Kitchener on it :p

I've always wondered why Drunken Barrels isn't open throughout the year! It is indoors and would be another attraction open for Christmas.

If they ran the ride as it used to be years ago, with the ride remaining on the floor, they could even lower the height restriction for the winter period.

I've always wondered why Drunken Barrels isn't open throughout the year! It is indoors and would be another attraction open for Christmas.

If they ran the ride as it used to be years ago, with the ride remaining on the floor, they could even lower the height restriction for the winter period.
Yeah it is weird, given they have accelerator open, it would make sense and justify them only doing the one season pass now if there are more rides open for older children (and adults).

I remember the first time I went on the drunken barrels after they fixed the tilting, it really through me as I wasn't expecting it!

I think cause it has a minimum height of 1.1m tall it’s not classed as a family ride. Also cause of the amount of hardware under the the platform it needs more maintenance work than most rides.

Reactions: Dan
If you look at my pic of mine above there is a pic of it with the flags and the ride sign. Just wish it had a queue so they give it some TLC
They did some work on it fairly recently with the hotdog in the middle being refurbished. It’s in pretty good condition. I don’t think people realise it’s there as it’s always quiet being at the top end of the park.

Have to agree with the above comment. When this first opened it always had a fairly long queue but more and more the top of the park has become quieter. Also I think being so set back from the path makes it almost look hidden. Sad really as I actually think this is really good ride at Drayton.

Reactions: Dan
They did some work on it fairly recently with the hotdog in the middle being refurbished. It’s in pretty good condition. I don’t think people realise it’s there as it’s always quiet being at the top end of the park.

The whole table was missing to around the summer season of 2008. Just think the building needs repainting as you can see it coming off the ceiling but not as bad as Marauder’s Mayhem at Alton Towers.

Back