Polperro Express

I think they need something doing about the horrendous squeaking sound it makes when it goes around a corner

I think they need something doing about the horrendous squeaking sound it makes when it goes around a corner

That's what we rail enthusiasts call 'Flange Squeal' not a great lot they can do except oil the pin on which the bogies (Wheel Chassis) pivot relative to the chassis, and that won't solve it completely, it's just what happens when you have a metal on metal grating surface unfortunately.

do we know if it is open for the Christmas event as well as wave swinger because i think they would be good rides to open then really

The wave swinger won’t be open. In 2019 it was all the Thomas land rides, 4D cinema, Sheriff showdown, Accelerator, Carousel and the Flying Dutchman. Santa Claus usually travels on the train to greet the kids before the show and fireworks.

Last edited:
Can’t understand what’s up with it but at least it’s back in the station
323C4F14-9625-42B1-AAF0-65C254BA933B.jpeg

Surprised the park havent changed the lettering to D. M. R instead of D. M. P
They could always just pass it off as being 'drayton manor polperro' or something like that. Plus I believe there are still other things in the park that say DMP and your average guest probably wouldn't care anyway.

The Polperro Express has broke down, staff say they have been trying to make it work for over 11 hours.

Wishmas Express bookings are all cancelled. Could this be the end to Polperro?

The Polperro Express has broke down, staff say they have been trying to make it work for over 11 hours.

The end? No.
Most likely a maintenance job for before it reopens again next season :)

With only one day left until the end of the Christmas event, it would be more efficient to cancel the bookings and then properly repair it over the longer time period

Better than them to rush it for the sake of one day :)

Definitely not. If they can't fix it the worst outcome would probably be that the park have to purchase a new engine for the train.

Has anyone every noticed that they have propped the main station building up using wooden posts (a few seasons ago now) but there non the less, the whole building is on a slight lean, suggesting the whole thing nearly collapsed like a pancake a few years back.

1703984121466.png

These things, they are on the other side too and were clearly new based on the fresh concrete they were set into. Have a look next time from either the train entrance or exit perspective, you will see the whole building is leaning to the side.

Has anyone every noticed that they have propped the main station building up using wooden posts (a few seasons ago now) but there non the less, the whole building is on a slight lean, suggesting the whole thing nearly collapsed like a pancake a few years back.

View attachment 5351

These things, they are on the other side too and were clearly new based on the fresh concrete they were set into. Have a look next time from either the train entrance or exit perspective, you will see the whole building is leaning to the side.
Not to me, mind you I've got one leg longer than the other.

Back