Pirate Adventure

It was manufactured by Mack Rides and to my knowledge , yes they still make them. They re-opened Pirates in Batavia a few years ago, albeit with newer and more up to date technology than Pirate Adventure.
If you think about it PA was just a mini log flume style ride with boats instead of logs, not all that different from SF10, just smaller drops.

Fingers crossed Looping know how popular it used to be (and still is).

If you think about it PA was just a mini log flume style ride with boats instead of logs, not all that different from SF10, just smaller drops.

Fingers crossed Looping know how popular it used to be (and still is).
The main difference is that the body of water is so much larger in Pirate compared to a Log Flume which is just a single trough of water. This makes health and safety and also maintenance much harder. The method of boat transportation is different too, Log Flume boats are moved using the current from the water being pumped through the trough consistently, whereas Pirate is a still standing body of water and the boats are moved using individual pumps situated every so often along the trough.

i personally think what the Bryans did with it originally was great and everything and the fact they managed to keep it open that long from 1990 to 2015 was amazing but we need something huge and major like this bringing back to the park and it could really help the park out even more after the addition of adventure cove

The looping group ain’t worried about spending money on a old attraction. Just looking the rapids how much money and effort went into bringing that attraction back. You even need to look at Pleasure wood hills and the safari park as they just really rethemed attractions that were all ready on park.

I really hope Pirate Adventure or another dark boat ride in its place makes a comeback. It was by far my favourite ride on park and defiantly the one I miss the most. Hopefully the management saw what happened with Piraten in Batavia at Europa park. Guests and the management were very upset by the loss and almost immediately committed to rebuilding/reopening it. The response to the new version is that it is a fantastic world-class ride which from what I have seen and experienced people seem to love (including me). Drayton have the advantage they still have the ride system and building which means the budget to reopening it can be focused on a referb of the ride system and new animatronics using modern technology. Drayton have always outshone Merlin when it comes to theming and like the Rapids, to reopen it at this point is effectively a brand new ride like Batavia.

I recently watched a youtube video by Theme Park Science of dutch bloggers and even they said in the video it was a shame Pirates was not open.

I remember when it opened in 1990 the queues for it was massive all season. Back then it was wristbands and tickets and my mum only paid for tickets for this and the jungle cruise
I think it would still be massively popular. We've just got back from Disneyland Paris and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride always had a big queue so I definitely think there is a market for Pirate Adventure still.

I maybe looking to much into this again but I looked into the doorway of Pirate adventure and there a lot of MDF in the queue line entrance and some more theming has been removed. Also the lights were on all around the building and where the exit was the lockers have been moved and a note saying no longer in use with the signage removed and looks like work been done down the tunnel. Next time I’m there I’m gonna go down there and take more pictures.
1C12912A-070A-4C40-BBB1-B5B5EDA72CCE.jpeg
49918B82-CCBC-4AD9-A79E-774DD1DE3057.jpeg

Maybe they doing the work in house and we could be looking at a 2023 reopening if they got all the lift hill motors working and the pumps replaced. Just looks very weird that they removing the lockers and signage from the exit of pirate adventure.

Hopefully, it would be great to see it come back. It would be some statement if they bring it back and create this new area on the Triangles. Very exciting times ahead hopefully. Just hope the price of Annual Passes doesn't go up to much afterwards!

do you think thats why they turn the lights on in the Pirates Adventure building every so often, to keep the speculation going on whats going on in there ;)

Back