New Drayton Manor App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Team Member
Team Member
On Friday 31st January Drayton Manor sent out a push notification from their app confirming that a new Drayton Manor App would be available for the 2020 Season - the park's 70th Anniversary!

IMG_1229.jpg

If you already have the App installed on an iOS (Apple) Device, the app will be available for update, if you are on an Android Device, simply head to the App Store on Saturday 8th February to download the new app, and delete your old one!

IMG_1231.jpg

It is currently unknown what new features the app will contain, nor how it will look, but we can't wait to see the improvements soon! What would your ideal Drayton Manor App include?

I can only see this as a good thing. Personally, I think the current app is rubbish compared to the likes of Alton Towers’ app. It can take a long time to load for me. I’d also like to see queue times on the app, something I think should be essential for all theme park apps in the modern era.

Whilst not needed, I’d really like to see them include something to do with their 70th anniversary on the app, just something as simple as a page dedicated to the history of Drayton, or something more elaborate. If the Season Pass page’s background is a sign of things to come, I think they’re onto a winner with the branding for the 70th (which could rub off onto the app aswell).

Whilst I agree that any upgrade is a good thing usually, I do like the graphical side of the current app - it's very graphics based and looks very impressive, it manifests Drayton's graphical style perfectly. Queue times, again, are a nice addition - but I don't think they're needed at all for Drayton Manor. The ride queues are usually not long enough to even warrant calculating an approximate waiting time, they'd only be useful for a few weeks every year.

Absolutely agree, would love to see 70th anniversary graphics around the app, and a page dedicated to history - maybe even swap the ride pictures to an older picture of the ride for some of the older rides. If they continue the 70th anniversary graphics throughout the app, it'll look amazing.

Look forward to the update! I think the map of the park needs to be so much better in terms of design and usability. Also would be nice to see full food and drink offerings from food outlets. Also I think the website needs to be better designed in terms of its UI/UX its pretty damn awful as well to use. Agree with the above comments though.

Look forward to the update! I think the map of the park needs to be so much better in terms of design and usability. Also would be nice to see full food and drink offerings from food outlets. Also I think the website needs to be better designed in terms of its UI/UX its pretty damn awful as well to use. Agree with the above comments though.
Agree on the design front. One positive from this year is they’ve finally fixed date of birth entry on the website when you’re signing up for season passes. The last few years it’s been in American format but validated as uk so anything above the 12th for day wasn’t accepted.

Really pleased to see a new app is coming, the old one didn't seem to hit it off with visitors, even if I thought it served its purpose well.

I agree with Dan, I don't see the need for Queue Times, I think it would highlight if the park is very quiet which could get them bad press, most of the rides have a very short queue a lot of the time, so it would be pointless. You can easily estimate queue time as the queue lines are quite open bar on Shockwave, Stormforce and Accelerator.

Has anyone been able to get their hands on the new app yet? The old one has stopped working but i can't find the new one on the play store.

Reactions: Dan
Mine is the same, the old App updated but it's just a white screen. I thought with the announcement on the app the new one would be good to go for the first day of Feb half term. I still think they'll have it online for February Half Term to test run it before the main season begins. I think given that the old app has essentially been turned off I don’t think it’ll be long away.

Probably a long shot but it would be nice if they had some augmented reality games or activities in the app that you can do around the park. It would be a unique(ish) selling point.

Having used Towers and Paultons Park app and found them to be far better maybe Drayton should follow suit and use the tech behind these apps. As I know the app used by the those parks helps with queue times for rides on the app as well.

Having used Towers and Paultons Park app and found them to be far better maybe Drayton should follow suit and use the tech behind these apps. As I know the app used by the those parks helps with queue times for rides on the app as well.
I don't think Drayton need queue times, most of the queues can be seen openly so can be estimated, and some staff provide estimations over the tannoy. It seems an unnecessary expense to add queue times given the the park is quite quiet and handles queues and crowds very well.

I don't think Drayton need queue times, most of the queues can be seen openly so can be estimated, and some staff provide estimations over the tannoy. It seems an unnecessary expense to add queue times given the the park is quite quiet and handles queues and crowds very well.

I think you're right with regards to just adding queue times alone but the technology that Alton and Paultons use to power their app includes this already as a feature on top of other features, especially data that can be drawn from the app for improvements to customer experience. I also think the whole app UI/UX is far superior to Drayton's and well received given Paultons 4.8 star rating with 1.1k compared to Drayton's 3.9 star rating with 14 ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back