Drayton Manor New Opening Hours 2020

I notice that Thomas land opens at 10am and closing at 4pm instead of 5pm.
Now this is taken off the main season section for there Easter entertainment.

Meet Bryan the Bear - 10am

Meet Rory the Lion – 11am • 2pm • 4pm

Welcome to Thomas Land Show – 11am

Sodor Bake Off Show – 12pm • 2pm

Bryan the Bear’s Birthday Show – 1pm • 3pm

Sodor Egg Hunt – 1:30pm • 3pm

Goodbye & Goodnight Show – 4pm

What do u think of this? Why is the park just plugging Thomas land.

Thomas Land is their main attraction these days, so they’re obviously going to plug that more, because they’re more likely going to make a profit off Thomas, then they are off something like Shockwave or Stormforce 10.

Also, who’s Bryan The Bear? Never heard of him so I’d imagine he’s a new mascot to go with Rory this year.

I quite like the new entertainment schedule! They're giving Bryan the Bear (subtle nod to the founding family, the Bryans) and Rory the Lion more time, which shows that the Theme Park is being given more entertainment time. Personally, I think Drayton Manor has amongst the best entertainment offering of any theme park, especially beating Alton Towers. I'd like to see more around the park, maybe even a Pirate Show, etc.

Does the Goodbye Show definitely mean that the park is closing at 4pm? Or could this be being done an hour before the actual park closes so that the whole place can close together rather than having entertainment running over? The 10:00 show is good, that means that Thomas Land will likely be open at 10:00am with the rest of the park opening at 10:30am.

I don't see 4pm closing over Easter, unless they extend based on guest numbers and then by default the park closing time extends over Easter when it is busy? Could save them money that way.

the fat controller always comes out at the end of the day to thank the visitors and wish them a safe journey home. Been honest many times after 4 the park is quiet as it’s a long day for kids of the Thomas land age.
If the park is busy they may open later

Interesting how it will close at 4 because that makes the queues for other rides bigger!!
I imagine they will be extended if it’s busy, like they do in the summer. I can’t imagine they will kick everyone out of the park is heaving and lose all the additional revenue.

Reactions: Dan
I imagine they will be extended if it’s busy, like they do in the summer. I can’t imagine they will kick everyone out of the park is heaving and lose all the additional revenue.
I think this will be the case. I suppose it streamlines their operation, if it’s quiet then everybody is done by 4pm so it saves them an hours running costs, but if it is busy enough to be profitable to open later, then they’ll extend.

I’m quite fond of the idea myself, it’s a good money saving trick without impacting on peoples days too much.

You really only losing half hours ride time as it was half 10 to 5 and now 10 to 4. Just think Lunch will feel rushed now as we usually get the train to the farm at 1 and as my daughter takes ages eating her lunch then wants to go on Terence driving school and a look round the zoo it’s usually gone 3 by then.

Reactions: Dan
I think the 4pm Goodbye & Goodnight Show is just the last show of the day.

1583763177983.png

Back