What Grinds my Gears...

I have a lot of things that grind my gears but the one that's always got to me is queue-jumping because it's a terrible, sucky excuse to use and it just really grinds my gears so much. Another one is staggered openings which we don't really get in the UK but at Port Aventura World yes, that happens! People breathing down your necks in queue lines is something i hate (thankfully that can't happen at this time) and people sticking gum on the railings is another one! What grinds your gears to the point of driving you up the wall and into the G-Force site and over again!?

I agree with both queue jumping and smoking in queues. I really do think we should take a harder line in this country with this and eject people from parks. It’s common in the us and is an actual deterrent. The problem here is everyone knows they can get away with it.

I remember in April 2017 I joined the queue for the rapids and there was a group of lads in front of me and my daughter. There was announcement that the current queue time was roughly 30 mins so a few of them thought they would light up and smoke them before they reached the enclosed part of the queue. I moaned at them for smoking by my daughter and they laughed we not in a enclosed area yet. So staff came over and noticed them smoking and told them to put them out if they will be asked to leave the park. Anyway the ride had a mini break down so they decided to light up again but hanging over the windows dropping ash before but this time they were on CCTV. The ride restarted within 5 mins and when we got to the front they let the lads so on the ride but they asked me if they were the lads smoking. I said Yes and we got on the next boat by the time we got back to the station every member of security was there and they were kicked out of the park. The big difference I noticed in the last 10 years is graffiti in the park is next to nothing.

I remember in April 2017 I joined the queue for the rapids and there was a group of lads in front of me and my daughter. There was announcement that the current queue time was roughly 30 mins so a few of them thought they would light up and smoke them before they reached the enclosed part of the queue. I moaned at them for smoking by my daughter and they laughed we not in a enclosed area yet. So staff came over and noticed them smoking and told them to put them out if they will be asked to leave the park. Anyway the ride had a mini break down so they decided to light up again but hanging over the windows dropping ash before but this time they were on CCTV. The ride restarted within 5 mins and when we got to the front they let the lads so on the ride but they asked me if they were the lads smoking. I said Yes and we got on the next boat by the time we got back to the station every member of security was there and they were kicked out of the park. The big difference I noticed in the last 10 years is graffiti in the park is next to nothing.
Fair enough. Smoking seems to be a big problem but I seem to find at Alton Towers usually when it's Fireworks, people just start smoking weed right up in your faces with children around. It's very annoying ( no offense to any smokers).

I agree, I can't say I've seen any graffiti for years. It used to be pretty bad in queue lines and fences. I've noticed over the last few years that they've had more security walking round (especially over the summer) which I'm sure helps.

I really wish they would just outright ban smoking anywhere in the park (sorry smokers) but it's terrible sometimes. We were in Spencers play area and it drifts across from the smoking shelter opposite.

Yesterday was a joke for smoking lots for vapouring in the queue lines but I don’t know what the rule is for that outside of Thomas Land. Lots of people smoking while they were waiting for other family members on rides.

For me it’s queue jumping and people standing uncomfortably close. Thankfully the standing close thing not an issue at the moment but before Covid some people literally stood so you could feel them breathing on you. Step back you’re not gonna get on the ride any quicker.

Back