Chicken Diner

The chicken Diner currently closed while it gets repainted and themed to suit the area.
F8208E99-7F25-49FD-BE45-AA1FC579D07F.jpeg
F707C6CE-6289-47BD-AB29-156FA7480426.jpeg
89BFE59A-863A-4B5E-BFAC-E4BEC30173D1.jpeg
87ECF560-8D01-483B-A6D8-582338EA963F.jpeg

The only thing letting it down is the pricing. On Tripadvisor a family wrote this:
Drayton Manor is good value for whole family. Thomasland is a theme park all by itself. Also enjoyed the zoo and the reptile centre. Only gripe is the cost of the food which they need to address. We were a family of 5 so I ordered 4 fish n chips,one tray of regular chips, 2 curry sauce, 3 Capri sun drinks and 5 sachets of ketchup. This came to an astonishing £55. Almost 3.5 times more than if I ordered from my local Chippie
Like the burger kitchen the burger itself was more money than a kids meal at Alton Towers burger kitchen.

Agreed, I was astonished that the prices were for individual items and not a meal.

They must sell enough to justify those price though, which is baffling. I can just about push to the cost of a bubble waffle as my daughter loves them, but that's about it. Hot dog prices for the size of them are shocking, and the potatoes on a stick thing!

Agreed, I was astonished that the prices were for individual items and not a meal.

They must sell enough to justify those price though, which is baffling. I can just about push to the cost of a bubble waffle as my daughter loves them, but that's about it. Hot dog prices for the size of them are shocking, and the potatoes on a stick thing!
Yes, we've found we're not eating there as often now. We used to go most weekends for lunch (as it was good value and there were healthier options) but now the selections are mainly fast food and astronomically expensive.

Amazingly Alton Towers was better value for food when I went back in April (although I'd say the quality isn't as good).

In agreement with most of the above. Previously I wouldn't have hesitated to eat at the park as part of a visit. I thought the quality and prices really good (especially withe the discount). The pasta and meatballs was really tasty and a good price.

Now however the converse is true, I'd have to really think before committing to making a purchase. I almost used to feel obliged to make some purchases when visiting, but now? Nah.

Can understand with more guests bringing picnics now. Like when they had the 4 for £90 offer last year it was good value but now a family of 4 costs over £110 (2 adults 2 children 4-11) then the £6 parking and £20 petrol you looking at £136 just to get there and in so they not gonna be spending roughly £50 on a meal then another £20 on stuff in the shops which results in a day out £200.

Can understand with more guests bringing picnics now. Like when they had the 4 for £90 offer last year it was good value but now a family of 4 costs over £110 (2 adults 2 children 4-11) then the £6 parking and £20 petrol you looking at £136 just to get there and in so they not gonna be spending roughly £50 on a meal then another £20 on stuff in the shops which results in a day out £200.
I'm a big fan of Drayton but it's definitely not worth £200 for a day out (for non-regular visitors).

I used to feel I was helping the park by buying lunch but since looping have purchased it that has gone.

I kinda of agree with all the comments above. I felt like I was helping a family business out. Now that a big company have taken over and jacked the prices up I don't feel that strong sense of loyalty to them if at all. I understand that Loopings needs money to invest long term in the park but some of the prices are pretty excessive now. My only disappointment at Loopings taking over.

First time in the chicken diner today.

Some plusses and minuses.

Plusses:
Most significantly the chicken itself was really good.
Could order straight away.
Luckily got a table.
The friendly operative who was keeping the diner area clean was super efficient and flipped the tables really quick and kept the place clean.

Minusses
The 3 pieces of chicken were, in KFC language, crispy strips rather than original recipe chicken
The wait for the order was too loooooooong - like a bookmakers more tills taking than dishing out
Price & When I got my order I asked for sauce and was told I needed to order it when I ordered the food and that it was 35p a portion (didn't see it on menu and wasn't prompted)
As freshly cooked as the chicken was you could see the portions of fries piled up and they were a bit stale.

Back