What do you think will happen to the Pirate Adventure building?

They currently repairing it
D10A8F50-627E-46BA-861A-6CD96DD23CAF.jpeg

They had the shutters round the side open
9554761D-1844-4F17-9663-4D09882BDB7D.jpeg
3320E819-3A94-47CC-A2E6-DF2B04D577BA.jpeg

There was skips round the side so they could have plans to use the building again but there’s other areas that need sorting 1st but with the building been seen from every area of the park and the rides surrounding it. I do think it will be pirate themed.

I would love nothing more than for them to bring back Pirate Adventure. I wouldn’t expect an exact copy of the original of course. But that building has been sat doing nothing for far too long. It’s a waste of potential, and the park could do with another dark ride.
Absolutely. Pirate Adventure was part of Drayton's soul (and let's be honest, still is)

Honestly, I'd rather it just be left there if they have no serious plans for bringing it back, or turning it in to a ride with equal size and scale.
Better that it sits there for the years to come as a monument to what Drayton has achieved.
But it would be nice to cut the vines at the entrance, given that it's so overgrown. Not for any major reason, just to tidy the space up.

I would love nothing more than for them to bring back Pirate Adventure. I wouldn’t expect an exact copy of the original of course. But that building has been sat doing nothing for far too long. It’s a waste of potential, and the park could do with another dark ride.
I agree, it would be great to see it re-open as it is a massive space not being used. I also believe the have not taken out the ride system so hopefully they can do some TLC on the ride system and the theming/animatronics and open it back up again.

Would love then to keep most of the old theeming, but unfortunately most of it is made from flammable material, which is probably not allowed in Parks nowadays. They could rebuild the scenes with non flammable materials though. If they don't overdo it like what Europe did with Piraten en Batavia and keep it's old feel and charm, I'll be more than happy!!

I don’t think we’ll see a return of Pirates now we have AC, I’d rather see a new theme bought to that area.

Not sure if the building is even viable, they’d need to gut it first either way.

I’d love to see it taken down and a new area built around that side of the lake. Possibly with a family launch or invert over the water and a couple of flats?

Back