New Rollercoaster for 2024

It wouldn’t really need a major re theme as the Paultons park junior rollercoaster is just a different colour but themed to dinosaurs.
They could theme the building to look like a mine.

It wouldn’t really need a major re theme as the Paultons park junior rollercoaster is just a different colour but themed to dinosaurs.
They could theme the building to look like a mine.
Well let’s think about that.

With Ben 10 turning into Accelerator, they had to change motion graphics on the display screens, sound effects, the exterior visuals with graffiti art, the alien models for model vehicles and fuel tanks as well as replace Ben 10 logos with Accelerator’s logo. The building exterior stayed intact because it looks like a garage, the interior stayed intact because both carry an advanced technology theme. Trains, track colour, support colour and even some of the effects like the glowing liquid tubes, all without any changes because it’s cost effective.

Now let’s turn Accelerator into a mine-themed attraction at a standard that’s not going to be viewed as cheap. The exterior would have to resemble a mineshaft or a rock face. The interior would have to resemble a cavern meaning no room for flat surfaces or the old lighting system. Glass cylinders of glowing liquid, they’ve got to go. Lime green tracks with white supports? That doesn’t fit well with the Wild West, they need to change.

You are right in that Dino Chase is a great example of how to change a coaster’s theme. It’s got a new colour scheme, suitable trains and great theming around the ride. However that’s for the ride experience and whilst that will need to be accounted for with Accelerator, the problem with Accelerator is that the indoor queue is predominantly where the theming is, something that Dino Chase barely changed because its queue had literally nothing there to begin with. All they needed to do was add more. With Accelerator you have an already established area that will either need to be altered or demolished before building up from scratch again.

Looping Group clearly care about presentation is we’ve been given with both Vikings and Adventure Cove so if they want to change Accelerator to a western theme then yes, they would need a major retheme.

Edit: I wrote that the ray gun from Ben 10 was still on Accelerator, completely forgot that it did get removed for the retheme.

Last edited:
Python roller coaster
6697143A-CAE1-440D-8947-934CDF515CC3.jpeg

Klondike roller coaster
9A3BE6BB-9429-46EB-92E7-93FCD21ED9E0.jpeg

They were different coasters but the same layout but different themes.
Could they put wood on the outside of the buildings and box the station building in. Theme it to a mining store and you need to blast to find the gold and bring it back with u.

Python roller coaster
View attachment 4321
Klondike roller coaster
View attachment 4322
They were different coasters but the same layout but different themes.
Could they put wood on the outside of the buildings and box the station building in. Theme it to a mining store and you need to blast to find the gold and bring it back with u.

Like I said, you’re comparing a rather open and barren station + queue line to all of this:

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpeg

IMG_1552.jpeg

I want to be proven wrong, I think it would be phenomenal to see this happen. However this kind of renovation isn’t as easy as 1, 2, 3. It’s expensive and tasking, which considering they’re building their highest singular attraction in over a decade at the exact same time right next to Accelerator, it just isn’t as likely nor effortless as it’s being made out to be.

Bearing in mind this is just one attraction, what about Drunken Barrels? Haunting? Flying Dutchman? Do all of these get renovated? How come they don’t and Accelerator does? If they are then how much is that costing?

If this is becoming too off-topic then I’m fine ending this discussion here, I’m trying to see the development of this project as realistic as possible.

Like I said, you’re comparing a rather open and barren station + queue line to all of this:

View attachment 4323
View attachment 4324
View attachment 4325

I want to be proven wrong, I think it would be phenomenal to see this happen. However this kind of renovation isn’t as easy as 1, 2, 3. It’s expensive and tasking, which considering they’re building their highest singular attraction in over a decade at the exact same time right next to Accelerator, it just isn’t as likely nor effortless as it’s being made out to be.

Bearing in mind this is just one attraction, what about Drunken Barrels? Haunting? Flying Dutchman? Do all of these get renovated? How come they don’t and Accelerator does? If they are then how much is that costing?

If this is becoming too off-topic then I’m fine ending this discussion here, I’m trying to see the development of this project as realistic as possible.
I agree that I don't think Accelerator will be rethemed. For now the ride is fine as a standalone attraction. Anyways this is all going off topic so I suggest we end this discussion here.

Agreed this is getting a bit off topic :) Please keep this thread to the new coaster

This talk about accelerator however is great for the Accelerator thread!

People were stopping by accelerator and not going up there as they didn't notice rides there.
When I was younger I didn't even realise there was an area up there. In fact, I have never even done The Haunting or Drunken Barrels. I'll definitely have to get on them the next time I make a trip to the park.

Ever since the 80’s it’s been the only area that never had a theme with the mismatch of rides and attractions.
After the firework weekend I can see a wall going straight across the exit of the haunting and they will have 4 to 5 months to get the new area themed with the coaster opening in May at the latest.

Last edited:
Ever since the 80’s it’s been the only area that never had a theme with the mismatch of rides and attractions.
After the fire work weekend I can see a wall going straight across the exit of the haunting and they will have 4 to 5 months to get the new area themed with the coaster opening in May at the latest.
I agree it’s always felt as if the area was an after thought though it was the best when we had those sombrero hats haha. I’m excited to see what the park do with the area and how they are going to transform the site. I think the area will be a May opening but it will be interesting to see how they tie everything together.

They are beginning to make progress with landscaping the new area. They’ve had deliveries aswell, from what I could see , there was plenty of pipping.

Attachments

• 8DD6ABBB-0B5D-4110-935B-EB7D096B52F7.jpeg
    8DD6ABBB-0B5D-4110-935B-EB7D096B52F7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
  • 66CAE817-65AA-4955-B6C1-EFE753871F18.jpeg
    66CAE817-65AA-4955-B6C1-EFE753871F18.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
  • D6ECB43F-D1E2-4FFB-9247-4C9791BADF4A.jpeg
    D6ECB43F-D1E2-4FFB-9247-4C9791BADF4A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • CDF04871-509E-4A05-BA11-8E4652CCBE21.jpeg
    CDF04871-509E-4A05-BA11-8E4652CCBE21.jpeg