Pandemonium

1635329213582.png

CALLING ALL THRILL-SEEKERS: IT’S YOUR LAST CHANCE TO RIDE PANDEMONIUM
Since opening in 2004, the gravity defying Pandemonium has been one of our most thrilling attractions, with it’s infamous swinging gondolas sending passengers soaring at a full 360 turn.

But sadly, all good things must come to an end.

From Friday 28 October to Sunday 31 October, we’re inviting brave ride fans to experience Pandemonium’s heart-racing pendulum swing, before it closes to pave the way for exciting new developments to the park.

As part of Looping Group’s significant investment plans, Pandemonium’s closure will enable us to continue to expand our offering and make our resort an even better destination for theme park fans, young and old.

Going out with a bang, riders will be able to enjoy their final swing on Pandemonium during the epic BRIT’tastic Fireworks Extravaganza weekend, which takes place on Friday 29 and Saturday 30 October, and features an awe-inspiring fireworks and laser display for guests to enjoy, set to an upbeat soundtrack celebrating the very best of iconic British music.

A spokesperson from Drayton Manor Park, said:

“We know how much our brave riders have loved boarding Pandemonium since we first opened it 17 years ago, so we’re calling all thrill seekers to enjoy one last chance to ride this weekend!

While it’s the end of an era for Pandemonium, we have big plans in the pipeline to expand our offering and make the park as exciting as possible for our guests, and we can’t wait to reveal the new developments for 2022.”

This is on the blog as well and i am not going to lie i am actually quite happy it is going

At least they have officially announced it to give thrillseakers who want to one final chance to ride it instead of quietly removing it like they did Pirate Adventure without any prior warning or indeed BPB did with Wild Mouse.

I not decided yet to go the fireworks yet as having to pay for it do I really want to stand in queues wet all day. I think it’s come to the end of its life at the park as if they only using 8 seats aside now. Hopefully they will remove test track, planting and use part of Apocalypse former queue line and we can see another good attraction for 2022.

I’m at Butlins on holiday with the family to tomorrow and if I go to the park on Sunday as my wife is working I will have my 2 kids with me so doubt think I get a chance to ride it again unless I go on Saturday

Went on it today and you can tell it was on a shorter cycle just to get it thought to 5pm tomorrow. Only plus point was sitting next to Chris and Lee who use to be on Shawn’s vlogs.

I may have been on it at the same time as you. Went on it twice today. I don't think it's the worst ride and would make a good replacement for Slammer at Thorpe park as it is high capacity and good for a thrill park. Heard it's just going to scrap as they were unable to sell it.

It could be going back to the manufacture to be totally stripped down and redesigned for the travelling market.
I do think the 2022 attraction will go here and on the test track site.

Goodbye Pandemonium. You may not have been the most popular ride in Drayton Manor but you defiantly weren't the worst ride I've been on. Lets hope you don't just end up for scrap and do managed to get to another park elsewhere!

I guess it’s time to move the Pandemonium thread to Past Ride Discussion. You weren’t my favourite ride but you’re still one ride gone from the lineup, let’s hope that Drayton replace it some point in the future with another thrill ride.

Reactions: Dan
My daughter gutted she never managed to go on it. Now unless they replace the ride with another 1.4m tall attraction only Shockwave left for her to try out.

Reactions: Dan
I really hope they havent gotten rid of Flying Dutchman i hope it has just been taken down to get pandemonium out

Oh yes, they won’t remove the Flying Dutchmen, I was referring to the space currently occupied by Pandemonium and Test Track. Dutchmen just removed for access to Pandemonium I’d guess

Back