New Thomas Land Ride 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zamperla mini seems too 'babyish' even for Thomas Land. It's going to have a very limited audience as once they figure out you don't get wet they'll be bored.
I agree 100%
It really is too small for Thomasland. I'm fairly confident that it will be something bigger than the Mini.
The word "splash" always makes me think of those splash-battle rides. But I'm more confident with my thoughts of it being a mini log flume like the one at Chessington.

I agree 100%
It really is too small for Thomasland. I'm fairly confident that it will be something bigger than the Mini.
The word "splash" always makes me think of those splash-battle rides. But I'm more confident with my thoughts of it being a mini log flume like the one at Chessington.

I guess we're all assuming it will be another Zamperla but given looping went to a different manufacturer for wave swinger, hopefully they'll pull something out of the bag and it will be a decent ride.

Well I paid a trip today and I saw...well not very much actually.

Whereas on the other zoo days the entry was round the back of the park whihc would have provided a perfect view of everything, today entrane was via the Vikings Entrance and you had to walk through the park to the zoo.

You could from by the Emus see that there was activity going on, plant machinery was being used as you could see the yellow revolving lights. Access to the trainline which may have provided pedestrian access back towards ThomasLand was fenced off on both sides.

Blue Mountain / Troublesome trucks / maybe Jeremy's flying jets should provide a good view on the area.
I'll be over there again sometime soon to check things out (But its a busy month for me March)

Thankyou :) I will see if I can get any photos without breaking the on ride rule ( I’m a stickler for safety) hopefully we will see updates throughout the park too.

when I was last at the park Blue Mountain engines was having problems with the doors on 1 of the trains so couldn’t go on and take better pics of the area.
They will have to at least have the ride constructed and fenced in by the 31st March as they will have to use the main car park again.

The train will certainly be on my list to do. Thankyou :)
The train does have a good view. I am windering too about the view from Cranky? I normally try and get a seat that faces across the park but it may be worth having a seat that looks back across the railway (unless the signal box will block the view?)

Cranky does give a good view from seats 11 & 12.

Concrete base is in, timber work ongoing. Lots of piping on wheels. Not sure if they are dismantling the house next to James, the slates are seemingly being removed (or being replaced) from the house and there is insulation visible through the upstairs window.

But the best ride to get a view of exciting park developments today? Jormungandr.

Cranky does give a good view from seats 11 & 12.

Concrete base is in, timber work ongoing. Lots of piping on wheels. Not sure if they are dismantling the house next to James, the slates are seemingly being removed (or being replaced) from the house and there is insulation visible through the upstairs window.

But the best ride to get a view of exciting park developments today? Jormungandr.
I’d doubt they’re tearing up Maithwaite; they installed two new doorways to the back of it from what I’ve seen in prior construction pics, so I’m assuming it mig be worked in as an operator’s building or something.

What sort of timber work is being done?

What sort of timber work is being done?
Well its a bit difficult to tell excatly as you are repeatedly thrown into the air and then dropped again!

However, there was a concrete pad that was in. And on top of this there were some timber frames that had seemingly been constructed. Whether these were to be part of the rebuild of Maithwaite or to be part of the new ride or as scaffold for the eventual theming wasn't clear to my untrained eye. I reckon when other board goers attend on Sunday they'll be further developments, things seem to be moving on a pace.

Pictures I took this afternoon
6F1B2D33-9F0C-4417-910A-03F7882344A3.jpeg
3FEAC2FF-E3A0-4158-8972-905D0BC3D0E2.jpeg
5590F99D-3829-4FE8-86BE-DC31E88C67F3.jpeg
42D838F2-CC80-4322-90CC-D98F5CC34B6A.jpeg
2EF91D34-9291-4BFE-AEB1-4E1BDC0A963D.jpeg
09B3C289-3C7A-4F21-96BD-44298F70554D.jpeg
7B3BC0B5-E1E1-46A0-8CFA-6A2B625773BE.jpeg
A6ABB49D-33B8-4781-9D85-0B8F555199A3.jpeg
95D5DE21-EA58-41B8-9A61-D8125AA5D9D6.jpeg
7E1952EB-9D7D-4EB0-9524-FD1DFF5BC8E4.jpeg
F49FFAD9-5A0B-4907-8E3F-59BFFEF7DB7C.jpeg
6BD941B5-DAFD-4481-A423-37C66EA064BC.jpeg
3402D2B9-4354-4470-A233-3EA96E361A85.jpeg

Well, I’ll be rolled in flour and baked as a strudel…

Looks like Maithwaite might be the queue building!

Also looks like my assumptions about this potentially having a Docklands/Pier theme to match the destination of the episode’s story this may be based on isn’t too far off..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back