Thomas and Percy's Submarine Splash

James no5

The brand new ride in the park. Yes I know we already have one as "new Thomas land ride" But we could keep new Thomas land ride as a future one if there will be any new Thomas land rides so I made this

Anyone think this could happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230519_184726_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230519_184726_WhatsApp.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 115
I think when they built this a lot of planning went into the layout and the space it takes up but not how busy it would be compared to the rest of Thomas land as the queue line outside the main door blocks use of James.
I will see today if the on ride photo is up and running.

I think when they built this a lot of planning went into the layout and the space it takes up but not how busy it would be compared to the rest of Thomas land as the queue line outside the main door blocks use of James.
I will see today if the on ride photo is up and running.
Any new ride that they introduce is going to have the same reaction. I remember James and the red balloons being exactly the same. Because the rides are compact and through put is fairly low the queues will build. Until the novelty wears off it will remain very busy as most people who visit Drayton have kids of that target age. It will eventually calm down but then you will see the same issue when they have built the new addition for 2024.

The brand new ride in the park. Yes I know we already have one as "new Thomas land ride" But we could keep new Thomas land ride as a future one if there will be any new Thomas land rides so I made this

Anyone think this could happen?
New threads are created as and when they are needed. The old thread will be locked down as it is related to the 2023 addition.

This is the new location to discuss Submarine Splash :)

Ok, here's a question. One of a little sensitivity.

It was only due to the information on this board that I was informed that the ride had a weight limit of 18.5 stone. Now obviously because my 7 year old is made out of lead (can't possibly be due to me!!) I felt that we may have sneaked over this limit. But similiarly the little lad is somewhat retiscent to go on rides on his own the first time.

So the first time we went on we did so together. We weren't questioned as to the weight (because I am so svelte, of course) and went on. Now I know the ride isn't rapid, but we were going very slowly indeed. So much so that I gave us a little tug along (because I am also so very buff and strong) to gain some extra momentum.

Afterwards the little lad wanted to go round again, was happy to do it on his own, so I disembarked.

Now spin forward to last week. We did an afterschool trip and he wanted to do the submarine splash. So a hot foot to the top of the park and on he pops whilst I wait and watch.

There was another Dad and Lad going round and they were going slower and slower. Another boat caught them up, and then another. They were about 10 - 15 yards short of the disembarking point and were by now not moving. Eventually the waves created by another descendent and the subsequent bopping and contact meant they made it round the bend and back to the landing.

My sensitive question is, were they deliberately halted because of queuing at the staging, or were they possibly dead in the water because of the weight of the occupants?

My sensitive question is, were they deliberately halted because of queuing at the staging, or were they possibly dead in the water because of the weight of the occupants?
Probably weight. I doubt they would deliberately stop the ride without making an announcement else people would probably exit out of the ride vehicle.

Edit: They wouldn't get out of the ride vehicle on this particular ride - it is surrounded by water.

Probably weight. I doubt they would deliberately stop the ride without making an announcement else people would probably exit out of the ride vehicle.

Edit: They wouldn't get out of the ride vehicle on this particular ride - it is surrounded by water.
Don't assume that people won't get out of the ride just because there is water. People can and will be idiots.

I think it is down to the weight as the ride is designed for younger riders. I think Adults throw the boat momentum a bit.
I say this as I noticed the same thing when we visited the other week where a boat with an adult & child would move significantly slower than a child by themselves (And again the boat was caught up by a few others which helped move them all across)
I notice its always after the splash section that this happens - probably some weight x buoyancy momentum science answer to it but Im not sure on a proper explanation.
Above is just my theory.

I’m not a fan of the sign. I’m all for safety and completely understand the restrictions but it really bugs me it says children age 6 can ride by themselves and then Further down it says you have to be 1.2 ….. my 6 year old is short for his age and hasn’t hit the 1.2 mark but is probably another year out. Because of this it means I have to go on and like you said the ride is simply not designed for the weight of us adults.

Didn’t ride it today but I went into the exit to take pics.
A new tv gone in the exit door
View attachment 3930
Think this will be for you to see your on ride photo after you exit.
There also painted the fence and added more theming
View attachment 3931
I also wouldn't say that walls safe there near the water if a kid wondered off and ran near the wall they could fall in so did block that off until photo areas built

Back