Want to continue browsing our forums? Register for an account and get involved in the discussion!

2024: General Discussion

When did parking go up in price?

View attachment 6340
Just seen this online

• Pay Online | £7 - You can pay for your car parking ticket prior to your visit by adding this onto your booking – you will be prompted to enter your car registration at the end of your booking process. Please ensure you travel in the same car of which you have enter the registration, and the barriers will allow you to access/exit the car park without having to take a ticket.
  • Pay on the Day | £9.50 - If you’d prefer to pay for your parking on the day, please take a ticket from the barrier system upon entry when you arrive at the park. You can then pay at one of our pay stations located by the Main entrance, outside Guest Services & next to The Sweet Shop entrance any time during your visit.

I noted issues with one of the payment machines when leaving yesterday - wondering if they're trying to phase them out and go online only maybe (would explain the price difference to try and make prepayment an incentive)

We've been uploading some new video content to the DT channel including some live shows - enjoy the shows again and again from the comfort of your home:
Did you visit on a weekday? If not the entertainment team availability was outrageous! It’s normally Rory and Lory, and Rusty, Dusty and Fat Controller!! They have 2 backup Rustys, two back up Dustys and one back up Fat Controller, I don’t know about the Costumed characters, but the one who is normally with Rory and Lory is called Paul, and his backup is the guy who plays Dusty.

Did you visit on a weekday? If not the entertainment team availability was outrageous! It’s normally Rory and Lory, and Rusty, Dusty and Fat Controller!! They have 2 backup Rustys, two back up Dustys and one back up Fat Controller, I don’t know about the Costumed characters, but the one who is normally with Rory and Lory is called Paul, and his backup is the guy who plays Dusty.
This was on a Friday in termtime.
During the week the entertainment team may be reduced as the team need to take breaks & annual leave. (They work really hard)
Even Rusty & Dusty need a holiday haha

During the holidays / peak season they are all there as normal. I thought it was cool to go get some alternative show versions as I was on a rare midweek visit.

I will be filming the shows with full casts too, I was on a solo visit that day so got a few clips (reduced DT team that day too!)

This was on a Friday in termtime.
During the week the entertainment team may be reduced as the team need to take breaks & annual leave. (They work really hard)
Even Rusty & Dusty need a holiday haha

During the holidays / peak season they are all there as normal. I thought it was cool to go get some alternative show versions as I was on a rare midweek visit.

I will be filming the shows with full casts too, I was on a solo visit that day so got a few clips (reduced DT team that day too!)
Thank god it was a weekday! I’m surprised they even do shows on weekdays

Drayton Manor has been nominated for a series of awards in this years UK Theme Park awards!
Voting will open on the 22nd of July.

Good luck Drayton Manor!

Drayton Manor has been nominated for a series of awards in this years UK Theme Park awards!

Good luck Drayton Manor!

Good luck Drayton Manor!

Just thought I'd mention, please don't just vote for Drayton because you like the park, vote honestly and don't get upset if the nominee you wanted voted for didn't win (cough cough theme park worldwide fans).

Just thought I'd mention, please don't just vote for Drayton because you like the park, vote honestly and don't get upset if the nominee you wanted voted for didn't win (cough cough theme park worldwide fans).
100%
Vote for the parks and people who you think deserve it most :)
All parks are unique in their own ways so some of these categories are hard to compare on.

https://x.com/chessingtonbuzz/status/1810326446964892122?s=46 Idk if this be allowed a staff memeber of chessington is going to work at drayton
We wish her the best of luck in the new role :)

Queue time boards are being installed across the park listing some of the rides.

Will be good to see if that is accurate as it will really help with those "blind queues"
:)

Queue time boards are being installed across the park listing some of the rides.

Will be good to see if that is accurate as it will really help with those "blind queues"
:)
I seen 3 today
IMG_4377.jpeg
IMG_4342.jpeg

Back