New Thomas Land Path

Was just thinking maybe this walk way has been pushed back or even cancelled as since the exhibition was moved last year and Terence reopening back in Thomas land this year it will be pointless to spend all that money for very few visitors just to visit the outdoor play area and the cafe. A new outdoor stage would be better spent instead.

I know it may be one of the best maintained areas of the park but they could definitely still spend some money, what would have been spent on the walkway, in the area and freshen it up a little bit and add give some things a small lick of paint just to make it a little more vibrant, before Terrance returns to Thomas land

Was just thinking maybe this walk way has been pushed back or even cancelled as since the exhibition was moved last year and Terence reopening back in Thomas land this year it will be pointless to spend all that money for very few visitors just to visit the outdoor play area and the cafe. A new outdoor stage would be better spent instead.
I agree but then they could always build something new at that part of the zoo. I do think now it would be a bit pointless though considering it would still probably be quicker to wait for a train to come and get on that.

I agree but then they could always build something new at that part of the zoo. I do think now it would be a bit pointless though considering it would still probably be quicker to wait for a train to come and get on that.
Depends... The train takes a while to leave the station in my experience (Waiting for the other train, waiting for passengers, loading passengers/pushchairs & checking the doors are just some reasons for that)
I would probably find it quicker to do the walk

However, I do walk a bit faster than most and don't have a child / family with me ^^;

A more direct path from the play area to Thomasland seems good for that side of the park but I don't really know if it is necesarry...
I agree- would prefer to see the investment go into refreshing Thomas land (e.g the station stage) as that is where Terence is headed.
More sense to do that than to create a path heading for an area which is pretty much prepped for potential redevelopment now. (I would do the developing and the path after the developments. Road to nowhere really seems odd)

I'm thinking that there must be a long term plan for that area of the park. They are doing more with zoo experiences now than they have before so perhaps there are big plans for that area with zoo experiences or animal experiences to offer a family something different and the walkway is to benefit this area or for the ability to do a full loop of the park. The 5 year plan doesn't give much indication.

Couple of thoughts...a path gives an alternative exit that would allow for separate closure of the zoo. It could also take themes / trials etc alongside events.

As for the part of the zoo which has been vacated it must have a plan for something. I think it could be a walk through for the lemurs but I think there is a great opportunity for a petting zoo with small animals.

As for the part of the zoo which has been vacated it must have a plan for something. I think it could be a walk through for the lemurs but I think there is a great opportunity for a petting zoo with small animals.
It is most likely there would be animals there. There could be something Thomas there but with Terrance and the Exhibition both moved away from that area this year, it would be a bit stupid to add something else which would be a standalone attraction. (Sorry for off topic)

Couple of thoughts...a path gives an alternative exit that would allow for separate closure of the zoo. It could also take themes / trials etc alongside events.

Path would allow for light trails for example

Love a petting zoo <3

Here on your left is the car park and on your right the building that use to hold the pirate adventure ride and the lake which still has the theming from the excalibur boat ride and back on your left the hardly visited farm area.
Kids just want to ride the train cause it’s Thomas and many get off and rejoin
the queue to go back.

Drayton use to have a petting zoo in the early 90’s

Last edited:
Here on your left is the car park and on your right the building that use to hold the pirate adventure ride and the lake which still has the theming from the excalibur boat ride and back on your left the hardly visited farm area.
Kids just want to ride the train cause it’s Thomas and many get off and rejoin
the queue to go back.

Drayton use to have a petting zoo in the early 90’s
Great video. I remember the old dinosaurland and garden centre. Be great to see the area around the station improved once this new walkthrough is completed.

It’s really Becoming a ghost town with that end of the park with the museum been closed since the member of staff who looked after the machines retired. That area could easily be turned into a dock area.

Is there a farmer trotters land area ? Just thinking if they built the new path , a farmers trotters expansion could be linked easily for a petting Zoo.

Back