Bottom of the Zoo Area

Paul

Thinking about the discussion on the Excalibur thread about potentially moving Christmas experience into the old Thomas Experience building. Since Terrance is moving what do we think could happen in that area? I think it isn't really suitable for rides as its too close to houses which directly overlook that area however obviously we could see a zoo expansion (I think some animals are still houses in that area but you can no longer get to them) Additionally could we see that area turned into a Winter Wonderland style area for an enlarged christmas offering? Also potenially for some halloween events?

I can see zoo expansion during the summer but also expanded Christmas/Halloween events in that area.

What are your thoughts on what to do with that now unused area of the park?

Thinking about the discussion on the Excalibur thread about potentially moving Christmas experience into the old Thomas Experience building. Since Terrance is moving what do we think could happen in that area? I think it isn't really suitable for rides as its too close to houses which directly overlook that area however obviously we could see a zoo expansion (I think some animals are still houses in that area but you can no longer get to them) Additionally could we see that area turned into a Winter Wonderland style area for an enlarged christmas offering? Also potenially for some halloween events?

I can see zoo expansion during the summer but also expanded Christmas/Halloween events in that area.

What are your thoughts on what to do with that now unused area of the park?
I think realistically the most likely thing to happen to this area is a zoo expansion, but I could see Mrs Claus's Kitchen going in the old Exhibition building (if that returns of course) since where it currently is in the cafe is a bit cramped especially on busier days.

Zoo expansion is my guess.
I'd love to see them put a petting zoo over there - could even have an indoor section in the building similar to how Hatton Country World has a barn with all kinds of little animals to meet.

Alpacas, sheep, goats, guineapigs, donkeys, bunnies - as a few examples of what could be put over here.

They could also consider using it as an area about conservation (which they started to do at some point)

My vote would go on a petting zoo <3 I love petting the animals.

could even have an indoor section in the building similar to how Hatton Country World has a barn with all kinds of little animals to meet.
That would be nice. Also, someone else has been there?! I thought I was the only one that had ever heard of the place :ROFLMAO:

That would be nice. Also, someone else has been there?! I thought I was the only one that had ever heard of the place :ROFLMAO:
I been to Hatton many times over the past 30+ years but I never been round the paid area. We usually went round the shops and then neither have a bite to eat and a drink in the cafe or a hot meal in the pub with a coke or pint.
Anyway back on topic this could work at Drayton during the busy dry days but can’t see many wanting to stand around petting animals when it’s cold or wet.

I been to Hatton many times over the past 30+ years but I never been round the paid area. We usually went round the shops and then neither have a bite to eat and a drink in the cafe or a hot meal in the pub with a coke or pint.
Anyway back on topic this could work at Drayton during the busy dry days but can’t see many wanting to stand around petting animals when it’s cold or wet.
They have an indoor barn at Hatton for all the petting zoo style animals - Thomas & friends building could maybe become something similar:)

Back