Walhalla & Firepit

Elise

Team Member
Team Member
A popular topic of conversation on the Funfoods thread
Lets talk about Walhalla & the firepit BBQ next to it.

Opened as part of the Vikings area expansion

I find the firepit to be very atmospheric when it is open. The smoke and cooking smells adds to the theming of the area in my opinion. Unfortunately it's not been open very often when we've visited. I think twice in the last four visits, and one of those they were lighting it as we left for a staff-only evening event.

I went to a couple and it wasn't but there was alternative food offering by fun foods. Would be great to see BBQ offering this year

I thought it was great when it first opened as they offered a vegetarian hotdog option but now they no longer offer this on park which is a shame especially for those who can’t eat meat for what ever reason.

I thought it was great when it first opened as they offered a vegetarian hotdog option but now they no longer offer this on park which is a shame especially for those who can’t eat meat for what ever reason.
The problem that causes is that the fire pit grill would have to be cleaned every time someone wanted a veggie sausage as you can’t cook them at the same time.

I have been involved in BBQ at public events and it requires a completely separate BBQ. Do they not do a vegetarian option elsewhere?

I imagine the job of cleaning that grill in general is a monster of a task - its quite large...

The problem that causes is that the fire pit grill would have to be cleaned every time someone wanted a veggie sausage as you can’t cook them at the same time.
I’m fairly certain they did but they had them on different sides of the grill. Even if they cook them in a different area I don’t think it would take much effort on draytons part to offer this: we attended wmsp last weekend and they sold both meat and veggie ones with the veggie one being offered from one location.

Back