The Bounty

Harry

Opened in 2007, The Bounty is situated on the main lake opposite the Guest Services building and Neptune's Amusements. Supplied by Intamin, the Bounty can reach up to 75 degrees with a height of 19m. With a high capacity of 50 riders, 5 riders per row. This is a great investment for the park with a height limit of 1.2m minimum.

CWA Engineering were used in the project assisting in the construction and installation of the ride. The project value for the ride was budgeted at £2,200,000.

DSC_0327.JPG

A side angle taken on 20/02/19 during the February Half Term event. What are people’s opinions on The Bounty?

I’m a big fan and think it’s the most forceful swinging ship in the UK. It’s location on the lake is a massive engineering feat and adds to the theme, as well as the great photo point on the opposite side to this photo!

It’s very well themed with the themed operator cabin, and the detail on the boat, as well as the dock-like queueline and props scattered around, like the cannons seen below.

One of the best rides of it's type, and one of my favourites at Drayton. Where do you like to sit when riding? At the back like me for a crazy ride? Or in the middle for a more sedate experience?

In my opinion the Bounty is one of the best pirate ships in the UK and it's probably got the best theming as it's next to the lake and it just works very well!! When I visited Drayton last season ( The Same day Shockwave broke down on the 6th April) the Bounty was down and having some support work, and seemed fine the next day!

In my opinion the Bounty is one of the best pirate ships in the UK and it's probably got the best theming as it's next to the lake and it just works very well!! When I visited Drayton last season ( The Same day Shockwave broke down on the 6th April) the Bounty was down and having some support work, and seemed fine the next day!
The theming is very good and it’s fitting that it’s over water which I think it quite unique.

I struggle to ride it anymore as it makes me feel sick.

Some support work?

If they were climbing up the support then more than likely they were checking the encoder sensor on the top as the ride would have tripped out.

Back