Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster

Harry

The Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster opened in 2008 for Thomas Land. Built by Gerstlauer, this custom Junior Coaster starts with S-shape bend before the ride climbs up the wheel driven lift hill and finishes with a 360-degree helix and two changes of direction. The ride has a capacity of 20 people, and a minimum height of 1m, with the minimum unaccompanied height being 1.2m.

06/08/18
DSC_0263.JPG

I find it intense for a kids coaster! Probably due to it’s compact layout with plenary of headchoppers! I do hope the track does get a repaint soon, however with all coasters with white track it starts to get dirty easily so I’d suggest a new colour scheme of the ride if they’ve don’t want to keep repainting it!

Not had this problem before but I’ll be visiting at the weekend with 2 kids, both under 1.2 but over 1m. Will I be able to take them both on or is it 1 adult per child who’s at the ‘accompanied by’ height? Cheers

Not had this problem before but I’ll be visiting at the weekend with 2 kids, both under 1.2 but over 1m. Will I be able to take them both on or is it 1 adult per child who’s at the ‘accompanied by’ height? Cheers
You would need to check the sign, they have a minimum ride height and then one for riding alone, I can't remember off the top of my head what it is sorry but I imagine it would be around the 1.2 mark.

You would need to check the sign, they have a minimum ride height and then one for riding alone, I can't remember off the top of my head what it is sorry but I imagine it would be around the 1.2 mark.
Sorry, I know they both need to be accompanied, but can I accompany both on a single ride I mean, or would I need 2 adults? Not sure how it works. Obviously if it was something like Diesel that seats 4 in a carriage it wouldn't be a problem. Hope that makes sense?

My partner has been in the past with two children and as long as they meet the height restrictions and sit in the same car then they should be fine. One adult to two children is ok.

Your best bet would be to put both kids together and you sit behind them so you can keep a eye on both of them.
Can’t wait to my son hits 1m tall next year as he can ride 80% of the rides at the park then.

The back car is too far out the station, which makes me wonder if they winched the ride over the lift hill, with the power off, and let the brakes and booster wheels just stop it where it is. It is pretty common to do this when a coaster fails, and there is no issue with chassis or running gear. It suggests it is most likely a control or drive fault, causing an e-stop.

Back