Next Thrill Ride or Roller Coaster with a Minimum Height Requirement of 1.3m

With G force been the last ride build with a 1.3m or above requirement. Do u think the park will add any more rides above this height or is the future of the park really just for the 1.2m or below?

I would love to see another Maurer coaster at the park. One I have in mind is the X-Car launch just like Formule X at Familiepark Drievliet. That coaster is a 130cm ride: https://rcdb.com/3602.htm

Or even Gold Rush from Attractiepark Slagharen which is a custom layout Gerstlauer Infinity launch coaster. That coaster is also 130cm: https://rcdb.com/14011.htm

Reactions: Dan
I don't really know ride models as such, but I'd like it to be a thrill addition, but I feel the park will invest in family beforehand as it's a more secure, tried and tested environment. Either would be great! I'm very curious to see what is put in place of G-Force.

A perfect replacement for G-Force if they're looking for a thrill coaster would be an Intamin ZacSpin coaster. I would choose the extended/larger model.
Length: 825 ft
Height: 107 ft
Speed: 37 mph
Capacity per car: 8 riders
G-Force: 3.5
Cost: £5,300,000

G-Force on the other-hand covered much more of an area than what the ZacSpin does and the model is quite narrow and only does downwards banking drops unlike G-Force which more area for banked turns and inversions:

Length: 1,263.1 ft
Height: 82 ft
Speed: 43.5 mph
Inversions: 3

Don't see why they'll get a new train if they don't want to/can't pay for the chassis and other to be repaired. A new train will more than likely come to twice as much so I wouldn't see G-Force returning.

Is Drayton under the same planning restrictions as Towers? If so they would need to dig a ditch for a ZacSpin to fit...

For me, I think the best ride for Drayton would be a small wooden coaster like Wooden Warrior at Quassy or Oscar's Wacky Taxi

Drayton Manor I would say is under more tight planning restrictions as they got people living at the back of the park and in the village to the left. To reduce the noise of g-force the track was filled with Sand.

I assume they have complaints about noise from the locals considering the signs pandemonium has.
Seriously though, if you choose to live near a theme park you should know that rides are noisy machines and guests scream on them. If you don't like the noise, then move somewhere else. Simple.

Was thinking could Drayton buy Spinball from Alton Towers so there’s big rumours this could be removed to build CBeebies land bigger. They could move the chicken Diner where the old toilets area and fit Spinball on the G-Force,Cable cars station and diner area.

Was thinking could Drayton buy Spinball from Alton Towers so there’s big rumours this could be removed to build CBeebies land bigger. They could move the chicken Diner where the old toilets area and fit Spinball on the G-Force,Cable cars station and diner area.
If Drayton can get Spinball from Towers (Which would be weird for local competition to sell to their competitor - but they'll the increase the value of the ride system without a doubt), I think it would be great to see. Just need to make sure the footprint isn't too bad that it comes in contact with Air Race, Shockwave, Stormforce 10 and Maelstrom. Maurer still manufacture spinning coasters, and Gerstlauer as well so they could be a good supplier for a new family-thrill coaster instead of getting a Vekoma SFC. Towers did spend £3.5m on it in 2004 so could be around £2m region, but also comes down to it's reliability and parts.

Required minimum height for Spinball is 120cm so could be possible.

I’m just thinking that Drayton will not spend £5 million on a new coaster unless it was another 1 of a kind where you can ride anywhere else in the uk.
Since Thomasland opened 11 years ago the only attractions added has been Air Race,4D cinema and Ben 10 coaster with rethemes to golden nuggets,The Haunting,Shockwave and the Excalibur building.

I think they need a launch coaster with a loop this would be a wise investment into the park as places like Walt Disney world and Alton towers have launch coasters and the queue times for the rides sometimes reach 30 minutes in length as they are popular rides

I would love to see another Maurer coaster at the park. One I have in mind is the X-Car launch just like Formule X at Familiepark Drievliet. That coaster is a 130cm ride: https://rcdb.com/3602.htm

Or even Gold Rush from Attractiepark Slagharen which is a custom layout Gerstlauer Infinity launch coaster. That coaster is also 130cm: https://rcdb.com/14011.htm

If it was to be a 120cm how about a Maurer spinning coaster? Like Spinball and fury

I think they need a launch coaster with a loop this would be a wise investment into the park as places like Walt Disney world and Alton towers have launch coasters and the queue times for the rides sometimes reach 30 minutes in length as they are popular rides
yeah this could be an idea, GP tend to be very fond of launch coasters. maybe an intamin family launch coaster?

I could see Drayton getting an S&S Axis coaster in the future. Would certainly put the park on the map! :)

Back