2019 Season Dates and Prices

Dan

Team Member
Team Member
Drayton Manor have confirmed that the first day of the main 2019 season is Wednesday 27th March 2019, with the limited February Half Term Event running from Saturday 9th February - Sunday 24th February. The end date for the 2019 season has not yet been confirmed, although Drayton Manor are one of the few parks to operate on a full 7-day week basis.

Prices for the February Half Term Event are (on the gate prices second):
  • Adults (12+) - £18 / £30
  • Children - £12 / £20
  • Adults (60+) - £12 / £20
  • Toddlers (2-3) - £7 / £7
  • Under 2's - FREE / FREE
  • Disabled / Carer / Expectant Mother - £12 / £20
Prices for the Main 2019 Season have not yet been released, although this season launches with the Drayton's Ultimate Pass, bringing a heap of new rewards!

Opening Hours for February Half Term are 10:30 - 16:00, opening hours for the Main Season have not yet been confirmed.

What are your opinions of the season dates released so far? Will you be visiting the February Half Term Event? Do you think prices will change for the Main Season, and what do you think opening hours will be?

Keep checking back for updates!

The park have listed there opening and closing dates during the 2019 season and the big difference for this year is during the weekends and peak Days:
Park and Zoo opens at 9:30am
Thomasland opens 10am
The rest opens 10:30am
Park closes 5pm

Some great artwork uploaded by the park to promote the launch of their 2019 Tickets, it's things like this that I love from Drayton Manor. Parks like Alton Towers would simply post a standard tweet, DMP go the extra mile to add the promotion in there! And what a great graphic it is.

Find out more here: https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/tickets-and-prices#mainseason

Does anyone know how this compares to the 2018 rated? The 'four for...' is £15 more so a hike of £3.75 per person. That seems quite steep considering that there is nothing new-in fact less with G-Force gone.

With the parking charge introduced, it again looks like a Park in trouble and in need of cash. I hope it doesn't put off prospective customers

Well there really forcing guests to either visit once or buy a annual pass.
For example a annual pass for me and my daughter will cost me £205 just 4 visits to Drayton online prices with parking it will have paid for itself

The main park appears to operate 10:30-17:00 7 days a week, with Thomas Land opening 10:00-17:00 on weekends. The main difference being Thomas Land opening at 10:00 on weekends.
  • Monday - Friday: Park 10:00, Rides 10:30, Close 17:00
  • Saturday - Sunday: Park 09:30, Thomas Rides 10:00, Rides 10:30, Close 17:00
The weekend opening hours are extended for events like:
  • Eggs-ellent Easter: 13/04 - 28/04
  • May Bank Holiday: 04/05 - 06/05
  • May Half Term: 25/05 - 02/05
  • Drayton's Summer of Fun: 20/07 - 01/09
  • More Treat Than Trick Halloween: 19/10 - 31/10
During September, the park is closed on Monday and Tuesday commencing 09/09 until 21/10 for the Halloween event.

Personally I am a massive fan of these opening hours, compared to much larger parks. These times allows on average 6.5 hours of rides per day, this is really impressive for a park the size of Drayton Manor. Of course, the opportunity remains that hours are extended based on guest figures.

Drayton only closes Monday and Tuesday during September, Alton closes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Alton Towers also have select Wednesdays in April and May closed, whereas Drayton does not.

What are your opinions of these opening hours?

I think closing at 5pm in the height of summer is pretty rubbish for any theme park. However, I agree about the general weekday opening times etc which are better than many other Parks. Midweek closures off peak are becoming more common generically across the industry and something we as enthusiasts just have to accept!

Sorry for the double post. I don’t know if any of you read Tripavisor but Drayton Manor really had bad reviews since it’s reopened.
Many have complained about the scrapping of the season pass which was £65 renewal price last season. Was talking about about it to my m8 yesterday and he not renewal his passes as he paid £280 last year for 2 adults and 2 children this year it was gonna cost him a extra £100.
Many have also moaned about the park putting the price up of the 4 for deal by £15.
Also the parking charge has been moaned about.
Many have said they won’t go back unless the park invest in new attractions outside of Thomasland.
The availability of rides has been a big problem this season.

I can probably sympathise with some of this. When I went earlier this year, Shockwave was closed all day, apocalypse was closed all day and pandemonium was closed most of the day. If you aren't there for Thomas, the list of 'headline' thrill attractions is short. Add the fact that lots of general public still think G-Force is at the Park and see it as another closed attraction and that is quite a dent when prices have gone up sharply.

I'm sure once they are in the swing then the ratings will improve. I always think TripAdvisor should be taken with a pinch of salt.

They reduced the price of the ultimate pass.
E956E70D-C26F-4406-91DC-675525C346DA.jpeg

I think this is quite bad selling that much cheaper already as the season only 12 weeks gone and it’s only £12 more than the season pass from last year.

Ignoring the fact that the pricing has been reduced, it's great that the Ultimate Pass is more affordable, considering as you say it's just £12 more than the Season Pass last year and has lots more benefits it's a great idea. The 4 for £88 is also a good move to help make the park more appealing. Some interesting but welcomed moves here.

Back