Expectations for the 2019 Season

Ciaran

Team Member
Team Member
What are your current expectations for the 2019 season? Obviously the car parking charge is now fully in place and no new rides or attractions have been announced either. What do you think?

Reactions: Dan
First of all, hi, and it’s great to see Drayton Talk back and better than ever!

I’m not expecting much except the car park charge, I don’t think the park are either. I’d like to find out more confirmation on Splash Canyons future, however I guess the case or whatever they need to go through first needs to happen soon! (Can someone please clarify when that is scheduled to happen please?) with the rumoured family flat ride from the forum back in September, I can kinda see it happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if it won’t be open until the summer like VertiGO was. For all I know, it could be on park already, and waiting installation. Apart from that, I think we may just see a few building repaints, maybe a spruce up of a ride (Jolly Buccaner would be an easy one, they could theme it to the style of the refurbed dodgems), and of course a great firework display!

First of all, hi, and it’s great to see Drayton Talk back and better than ever!

I’m not expecting much except the car park charge, I don’t think the park are either. I’d like to find out more confirmation on Splash Canyons future, however I guess the case or whatever they need to go through first needs to happen soon! (Can someone please clarify when that is scheduled to happen please?) with the rumoured family flat ride from the forum back in September, I can kinda see it happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if it won’t be open until the summer like VertiGO was. For all I know, it could be on park already, and waiting installation. Apart from that, I think we may just see a few building repaints, maybe a spruce up of a ride (Jolly Buccaner would be an easy one, they could theme it to the style of the refurbed dodgems), and of course a great firework display!
Welcome back! Thank you so much for supporting us!

I agree, I don't think much can be expected other than the car parking charge - which I totally agree with being enforced. I feel that this year we will see some action with Splash Canyon, as the court case is set to conclude this year after it got delayed last year.

Family who have been to Drayton's Magical Christmas have informed me that G-Force is still standing and no demolition or deconstruction has occurred as of yet, so I think you're right in predicting the new ride won't open until Summer, if at all. Personally I'd rather see them save for another year (I expect gate figures will improve as time passes since the incident) and make a better investment, get those crowds back in and use that money to get an even better investment, and the cycle goes on from there until that new rollercoaster gets there!

Oh, and of course, the phenomenal Firework's display, which we look forward to bringing live updates from!

I wouldn’t even mind if they invested into Thomas Land. They know what they’re doing there and it’s an easy way to boost guest figures/ revenue. I’d love to find out the fraction of DMP guests who go primarily for Thomas Land!

I wouldn’t even mind if they invested into Thomas Land. They know what they’re doing there and it’s an easy way to boost guest figures/ revenue. I’d love to find out the fraction of DMP guests who go primarily for Thomas Land!
Investment in Thomas Land could well work. Personally I'd rather they didn't, simply because it's had lots of investment over the past years and the rest of the park has not - I feel that they need to invest elsewhere to "keep their foot in the door" for the thrill side of the market, if they leave it too long they'll get forgotten. Plus, I'm sure the park recognises the children who like Thomas Land will grow up.

I'd love to know the proportion of Thomas Land to rest of the park too! I think it'd be surprising, however.

Of course I think they should invest on park in other areas than Thomas Land but I’m glad it’s still popular so if something was to have a major impact on their finances in a few years then they have it to get money back. Plus the target market for the land won’t remember/ care about when they added new rides so in a way they could get away with not investing for 5 years! as there’s loads to do in that area alone for younger guests

Hi everyone! Awesome to see Drayton Talk is back up and running!

I’ve gotta admit, I’d be a little bit disappointed if they chose to once again expand Thomas Land. I mean, it’s been an incredibly successful investment for the park, but I’d absolutely love them to go along a similar route to Paulton’s Park and develop another great family themed area to go alongside it.

Obviously I don’t think it is likely at the moment that we’ll see an entire new area developed. I think, if anything, we could expect a family flat ride located somewhere outside of Thomas Land for 2019. Then perhaps a family coaster in one of the following years. In fact, it would be great if they set up the developments so that they would gradually form a themed area as they get built, but I don’t know how likely that is really.

Hi everyone! Awesome to see DraytonTalk is back up and running!

I’ve gotta admit, I’d be a little bit disappointed if they chose to once again expand Thomas Land. I mean, it’s been an incredibly successful investment for the park, but I’d absolutely love them to go along a similar route to Paulton’s Park and develop another great family themed area to go alongside it.

Obviously I don’t think it is likely at the moment that we’ll see an entire new area developed. I think, if anything, we could expect a family flat ride located somewhere outside of Thomas Land for 2019. Then perhaps a family coaster in one of the following years. In fact, it would be great if they set up the developments so that they would gradually form a themed area as they get built, but I don’t know how likely that is really.
Good to see you Robert, welcome to the site! I too hope that the park concentrate on other family attractions besides Thomas Land. They also could do with a new coaster too.

Hi everyone! Awesome to see DraytonTalk is back up and running!

Welcome back! Lovely to have you here!

I agree, I think they either need to invest into the theme park now or save for another couple of years and make a larger investment then, but into the wider park and not Thomas Land. Maybe if they themed something up on the land near G-Force they could build on the theme loosely made by Shockwave and Splash Canyon to bring a theme into the area - but Air Race and Maelstrom still do not fit. What family flat ride do you think we could see for the 2019 season?

Personally, I’d love a Zamperla disko on park! Shocked that they don’t have one considering a lot of their rides over the last ten years have been from Zamperla! One that partially goes over the lake would do wonders for them and they could easily market it as something like the most extreme ride over water! As for a theme, well I’ve had the idea of an Italian village around buffalo, and the disko could go next to it. I’ve had the idea that a bit of the buffalos track goes in through a building over a walkway and back through another! Would make for great photos and publicity!

Personally, I’d love a Zamperla disko on park! Shocked that they don’t have one considering a lot of their rides over the last ten years have been from Zamperla! One that partially goes over the lake would do wonders for them and they could easily market it as something like the most extreme ride over water! As for a theme, well I’ve had the idea of an Italian village around buffalo, and the disko could go next to it. I’ve had the idea that a bit of the buffalos track goes in through a building over a walkway and back through another! Would make for great photos and publicity!
Now a Disk-O Coaster (like Edge at Paulton's) would be a great fit for Drayton.

That'd be great! Not sure we'd see it for the 2019 Season but it'd be a bonus if we did for sure! Your theming idea sounds really good too, I agree with what you're saying in that some interaction with buildings could improve the ride experience.

What else would you like to see done at the park for this season?

Maybe a new 4D film. I know Ice Age has only been there a season, but when you think about it they could easily change the show every season! Plus, the Ice Age film was used at Alton Towers a few seasons back so it’s nothing special. I wouldn’t even mind if it was just a different Ice Age film to No Time For Nuts. A cheap, and easy way to make some what of a ‘new’ attraction

This season has really been a hit and miss for the park. I been 8 times this season and up to August when they had the half price tickets only 2 of the visits in August and just before the kids went back to school was busy. The other times the car Park was only really full up to the letter F. Having 1 new ride in the past 4 seasons hasn’t helped and with the removal of Pirate Adventure, Excalibur, G force, Big wheel, Chair lift and the Drayton Queen with no replacement so far and the SBNO of Splash Canyon with Pandemonium and Stormforce 10 been out of service for over a whole season it hasn’t been a good few years for the park.

Back