Blasting Barrels (Originally Drunken Barrels)

I’d imagine in the next year or two, Drunken Barrels will close for a bit, and go under a fairly decent refurbishment (like what they did with Flying Dutchman in 2016). The next refurb it’ll get will most likely be to do with painting the actual building, and maybe putting the flags back in. It seems like something the park would do, as they seem to like updating rides and bringing them back to a high standard. They do well at it too.

They did well refurbishing the hotdog and the jugs. Apparently, Shawn thought when he saw the spinning table wasn't there that it wasn't going to come back and he wanted to get his hands on it until he realised it returned

I’d imagine in the next year or two, Drunken Barrels will close for a bit, and go under a fairly decent refurbishment (like what they did with Flying Dutchman in 2016). The next refurb it’ll get will most likely be to do with painting the actual building, and maybe putting the flags back in. It seems like something the park would do, as they seem to like updating rides and bringing them back to a high standard. They do well at it too.
I think (and hope) that you're right on this one. It really could do with some love, especially on the exterior. It'd be great to see the sign return, that would bring the crowds back up to the ride. Some exterior work would be good to see too, it's starting to look a little tired (still a great ride, and an even better theme), and trim the tree out the front to make it less dark. The barrels themselves would look good with a little bit of work done to them.

They defiantly need signage pointing towards barrels and possibly sherrifs showdown as that is also a little out of the way. You don’t see as many people with park maps anymore so I thinks they’re easily missed.

I think with a much improved app and awareness of the app for park users would help with rides that seem to get missed. Also what did happen to the sign for Drunken Barrels? I thought it was still hanging up

It was removed a couple of years ago, I think probably for a repaint as it had peeled and faded quite bad. It was always so obvious from on the path and drew people up the hill, I think it needs to come back. Maybe even add a signpost down by the 4D cinema in the middle of the path (like Cloud Cuckoo Land at Alton Towers had) to signpost the rest of the attractions up the hill. Will make the three of them much busier.

I'd like to see Drayton Manor get Victor Creations on the exterior of this ride, and the interior! It's quite dirty and the exterior has been damaged with paint peeling from the weather, it would give this ride a much needed refresh. They could do the sign too...

Reactions: Dan
Best themed flat ride in the uk
670B1EA5-1F70-4A9E-894D-96065EF8FCAA.jpeg
66B724C9-3AE8-4605-A5EA-69B69E1E54E5.jpeg
E21FD7C8-E051-4CC1-8901-64DB2AD027BD.jpeg

Agree, it's really well themed. I honestly think Drayton don't give enough attention to it. It's a really good ride, it's got the tilting which makes it better than most spinning tea cup style rides.

I think a lot of people visiting don't realise it's there being tucked up in the far corner. It could do with some signage.
I think cause it has a high volume of guests per circle it rare to see the queue outside the building.

I think that over the closed season the ride needs a bit of a revamp in terms of looks because all of the paint has faded away and they need to just give it an overall refresh really and clean it up

Back