Thomas & Friends Exhibition

20230909_123229.jpg
20230909_123220.jpg
the team was on site today and as you can see there has been a good amount of progress and the fact it looks this good, it's worth the wait

someone who was working on it. But ye probably will change :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't reccomend asking them as they may have one answer based on their timescales however the parks operations team may have other ideas ^^`

But it's soon

From my update 2 weeks ago they were installing the glass and the fake brick work looks finished.
Is all the push buttons been installed now?
Got to be honest. I couldn't see any buttons... but I am really short & had limited view through the gaps on the fencing ;_;

It is looking very nice. I always loved how in the original Thomas series they were actual physical models and to see them in real life at DM is incredible.
I also liked the fact the characters weren’t cartoon. Personally I prefer kids programs that are models. Unfortunately Thomas,Fireman Sam and Bob the Builder have all been ruined by becoming CGI. I’ve got a 4 year old Cousin I’m glad I was a child when I was. I’m glad I was a kid when I wa most kids programs are lacking character or annoying. There are exceptions to the rule Postman Pat for instance is in the format it was originally created. Of course there’s been modifications to bring it up to date.

Anyway I was veering off the subject. In regards to your post I am also thankful the original sets and trains are preserved for future generations. One of the reasons I want to visit Drayton Manor is to see the Thomas exhibition.

I think the problem was how long it took for an episode to be made with CGI they can made a whole season in a time it took to make 1 maybe 2 episodes.
I really hope once it’s all finished the team who working on it keep it all well maintained and surface the engines regularly but with it been push buttoned on the quiet days the engines will not be moving that often.

I think the 1 side is all finished now
View attachment 4575View attachment 4576View attachment 4577View attachment 4578
There’s even a couple of engines on the line.
Still a lot to do on the other side
View attachment 4580
View attachment 4579
So, they did put the Sodor Maid's model on the display like I said two months ago. And I see they had already put Thumper and Tiger Moth the bi-plane's models on there along with some trucks.

Back