Ride Throughput

remlap

Having just returned from Disney where the throughput on their rides is amazing. They are run like a well oiled machine with guests leaving and boarding a ride/roller coaster at the same time.

I’ve noticed at Drayton, especially since the accident that they seem to be way too cautious with checking, double checking or even more sometimes, and adding belts to rides that have operate for years without them (sodor cars)

Does anyone else think Drayton should work on the load/unload times of their rides to improve customer experience?

The throughput has always been a weak point at Drayton. Apart from Apocalypse, all of their thrill rides have ridiculous load and unload times. The practices they use need to be changed to make them more efficient when loading and checking.

For example, Shockwave takes an unnecessary amount of time to load. When the train comes to a stop in the station, they wait for all of the guests to exit the station. This makes no sense to me; they should wait for the guests to leave the train and then open the air gates. This would increase the load time significantly and with only one small change. Another thing I notice is that regularly, the ride operator doesn’t close the air gates when everybody has boarded the train. The gates are left open even while the attendants are trying to check the restraints, and this means they have to try and manoeuvre around the air gates which slows everything down.

Another ride which has a shocking loading time is Pandemonium. It has a huge capacity, but the throughput greatly lets it down. The ride trips out when guests pull down their harnesses, so this means that the attendants have to walk around for a while to make sure that nobody has pulled their harness down. The only thing that can be done to fix this is by fixing the ride itself, although I don’t see this being done personally.

A couple of the worst offenders I’ve found are troublesome trucks and accelerator, it take so long to reload it’s insane.

I also don’t understand why they don’t have multiple parties going through the haunting. For example when one party reach the library bring the next lot in, then when the first group reach the chapel bring in a third. This would cut the wait time massively and keep the ride operating rather than the chapel standing empty for 80% of the ride time.

I

I also don’t understand why they don’t have multiple parties going through the haunting. For example when one party reach the library bring the next lot in, then when the first group reach the chapel bring in a third. This would cut the wait time massively and keep the ride operating rather than the chapel standing empty for 80% of the ride time.
They actually do this on peak days. They bring in a second group when the first group enters the chapel, and this reduces the wait time from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. It wouldn't be possible to run 3 shows as the experience doesn't last long enough to be able to efficiently do this. Running 2 shows has it's advantages, however sometimes it can prove to be challenging when unexpected delays or breakdowns occur and 2 different groups have to be attended to.

I thought that as well but I noticed that they also wait to everyone cleared the haunting area to the same host comes out to load the next set of staff. Maybe after they loaded the guests on the ride they go to the toilet or for a drink break.

Another ride that has insanely poor throughput is James and the Red Balloons, they have 2 people operating the ride and allow 1 group to enter at a time while the other operator holds the basket, this seems insanely inefficient.

Another ride that has insanely poor throughput is James and the Red Balloons, they have 2 people operating the ride and allow 1 group to enter at a time while the other operator holds the basket, this seems insanely inefficient.
Tell me about it. I spent a season working on James :rolleyes:

Back