Looks better in my opinion more open, noticed it earlier this seasonNot sure when this was done but they removed the covered area on the way from the car park
View attachment 8285
Someone considered lodges at DM.Other than lodges, no investment into wmsp either. No new animals, drive through sparse, rides need a major tidy up
I do wonder if it was Looping Group choice to go full family, or whether it was solely Victoria.They know they can’t complete with the Merlin parks and most kids over 1.4 would go there. My daughter is at the Thorpe park age where the park is more aimed for teenagers. My son on the other hand is stuck as his now over 1.2 and he did enjoy Alton Towers 4 weeks ago for the 1st time but I won’t take him again to his 1.4 as his too old for CBeebies but there not enough else for him to do but at Drayton he can go on everything except Maelstrom and Stormforce 10 and Chessington to far to travel just to go for a day.
I think that Looping took a bit of a gamble with a focus on family thrill (some people may say family) rather than thrill by the fact that the more thrilling rides are older or close to the end of their life, in the case of shockwave, pandemonium and apolcolypse. There was work done in keeping with the Bryans in Viking and these may or may not meet the family thril definition. It will be difficult to build ne thrill rides with the Looping group budget which I understand was £5 million pound per year. Most thrill rides would be well in excess of that.I do wonder if it was Looping Group choice to go full family, or whether it was solely Victoria.
Thrill Rides are require in a family park to, Drayton should be aiming for a mixture don't expect anything more thrilling than Wave but maybe equal