Ride Photography

Anth0ny

What are your thoughts on Ride Photographs? It seems unusual that Drayton Manor don't offer a photo pass like other merlin parks, I think something like this would be quite successful. the 4 for £20 deal seems to be the parks answer to this, but a discounted photo pass for ultimate pass holders could be something that is popular, especially because of the digital downloads saving the park money on printers.

Id also like to see some tother rides get a photo booth, rides like sheriff's showdown and the buffalo would no doubt be popular. you could simply have a bank of screens in the exit and have automated photo collection like at merlin, or have a reciept printed to go and collect the photograph at the photograph sales point opposite the carousel stage.

I think digital photo passes would be extremely popular and they would be much more convenient. They could add some collection points around the park so that people can collect their photos at any point. If they added unlimited digital photo downloads to the Ultimate Pass for example then I think this would increase the sales of this.

What are your thoughts on Ride Photographs? It seems unusual that Drayton Manor don't offer a photo pass like other merlin parks, I think something like this would be quite successful. the 4 for £20 deal seems to be the parks answer to this, but a discounted photo pass for ultimate pass holders could be something that is popular, especially because of the digital downloads saving the park money on printers.

Id also like to see some other rides get a photo booth, rides like sheriff's showdown and the buffalo would no doubt be popular. you could simply have a bank of screens in the exit and have automated photo collection like at merlin, or have a receipt printed to go and collect the photograph at the photograph sales point opposite the carousel stage.

It would be nice to get some more rides with these I agree - Sheriff's showdown and Buffalo would be good with one.
I can't remember, does Apocalypse have one?

The only thing I would not like to see is more green screen photo zones... I really dislike those, I prefer photo ops with actual physical theming.

Something like this could work perfectly. Digital downloads are definitely the way forward - less money spent on printers, supplies and maintenance - simply advertise Digital Photographs, if people want them printed they could get them done themselves for much less money. I think they'd make more offering cheap digital photographs than they do offering the current printed photographs. Doing a deal with the digital photographs like they do with the printed photographs could also be an alternative to a photo pass.

I definitely think Sheriff's Showdown and Buffalo should get photo points - Sheriff's Showdown potentially in the toilet door that swings open, and Buffalo over the lake or towards the end of the ride. They don't need photo booths, just a bank of screens with a number on so that they can be purchased from a photo point elsewhere in the park.

The only thing I would not like to see is more green screen photo zones... I really dislike those, I prefer photo ops with actual physical theming.
I agree, whilst they can be something different, a ride photo is something I would much rather have. I think they'd make the money back in no time on it too.

Definitely the way forward with digital downloads. Prints are a pain in general as you have to carry them round and instant photos are never great for quality.

It would be nice to see a few more on ride photo options for rides like the buffalo or even sheriffs showdown (maybe with the scores printed on it).

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this but if you’re tall your head gets cut off on sod or cars photos!

Back