Short Trip Report 15.02.20

remlap

We braved the park today even with the forecast weather being terrible. Parking was easy and only the top car park was in use by the grill. We started out with lunch at the grill which was a bargain for 3 of us at about £25 when we used our 40% voucher.

25D6EBC0-DB43-486E-B77E-2CF7B0779322.jpeg

The grill is currently undergoing some refurbishment and there is a smell of paint. The seats are being re covered in a green fabric and it’s looking smart.

Initially we were only going to go for lunch but decided to enter the park. We were glad we did as although it was wet it was very quiet.

We started on Sherrifs showdown which had no queue and managed to go round two laps. All the anaimatronics appeared to be working and there was water in the well bucket which I don’t remember working last time.

We then spent some time in emelies play area. Unusually the fat controller visited emelies due to some of the shows being cancelled today.

Following that we went onto the carousel, sodor cars, diesels locomo and then the troublesome trucks which was operating today. None of the rides had any queues and we walked straight on.

06680DB4-3427-4BD8-9688-11B21228C6BC.jpeg

We then stopped for a drink and cake at the sodor airport which was quiet and dry!

E9184B74-9CD3-468B-8513-BC17DE8F6784.jpeg

Following our drink we did one more ride in flints fire and rescue and then headed home as the rain started to really come down.

On the way out by the former “Super Loos” you can see across to the g force sight. If you look at the image you can see that the chair lift site is still standing (I’ve circled it).

EA98B02D-9A92-4CCC-B69E-3B7E37DCFFFE.jpeg

Overall it was a good day and I really do reccomend visiting tomorrow if you have a season pass as being so quiet you can walk onto all the rides.

We braved the park today even with the forecast weather being terrible. Parking was easy and only the top car park was in use by the grill. We started out with lunch at the grill which was a bargain for 3 of us at about £25 when we used our 40% voucher.

View attachment 1308
The grill is currently undergoing some refurbishment and there is a smell of paint. The seats are being re covered in a green fabric and it’s looking smart.

Initially we were only going to go for lunch but decided to enter the park. We were glad we did as although it was wet it was very quiet.

We started on Sherrifs showdown which had no queue and managed to go round two laps. All the anaimatronics appeared to be working and there was water in the well bucket which I don’t remember working last time.

We then spent some time in emelies play area. Unusually the fat controller visited emelies due to some of the shows being cancelled today.

Following that we went onto the carousel, sodor cars, diesels locomo and then the troublesome trucks which was operating today. None of the rides had any queues and we walked straight on.

View attachment 1309

We then stopped for a drink and cake at the sodor airport which was quiet and dry!

View attachment 1310

Following our drink we did one more ride in flints fire and rescue and then headed home as the rain started to really come down.

On the way out by the former “Super Loos” you can see across to the g force sight. If you look at the image you can see that the chair lift site is still standing (I’ve circled it).

View attachment 1311

Overall it was a good day and I really do reccomend visiting tomorrow if you have a season pass as being so quiet you can walk onto all the rides.
It looks like you had a nice time. The question is, was Accelerator operating?

Looks like you had a lovely time, great to see some work in the Grill Inn - I really like it there and it is one of the best catering options for any park in the UK if you ask me. I love the sporting memorabilia up on the wall, and the information about the park - some good "Easter eggs" of sorts here.

Also good to hear Sheriff's Showdown's theming in good condition.

Back