Drayton Manor Online Shop

Should Drayton Manor have an Online Shop?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been thinking that Drayton should potentially do an online shop so they can earn money while the COVID-19 pandemic happens while the park's closed! However, they'd have to really up their game in merchandise just like Blackpool Pleasure Beach did a few years back for it to be a big success. The question is, what do you guys think?

If Drayton Manor was to have an online shop, they would have to have a significant increase in merchandise over he next few years to make one worthwhile. There’s no point in just having a website just to sell loads of discounted merchandise and Thomas & Friends branded stuff - when the majority of items sold in Thomas Land can be bought from online sites like Amazon and eBay anyway.

I remember around 3-4 years ago when Blackpool Pleasure Beach began their online store; there was barley anything on there, however since then the park has expanded the merchandise range probably quicker than any other UK amusement or theme park. Drayton Manor would have to do the same or something similar, however (as I’ve mentioned on this site many times before) the park-branded merchandise clearly isn’t successful, with you being able to almost buy it all/ most of it for under £20.

A shop could work if old ride parts were sold; but if they were to do that I’d hope they keep the items to a reasonable price, as Blackpool Pleasure Beach have continued to increase the price of ride parts so much that I don’t see many of them as a worthy way to spend my money.

If Drayton Manor was to have an online shop, they would have to have a significant increase in merchandise over he next few years to make one worthwhile. There’s no point in just having a website just to sell loads of discounted merchandise and Thomas & Friends branded stuff - when the majority of items sold in Thomas Land can be bought from online sites like Amazon and eBay anyway.

I remember around 3-4 years ago when Blackpool Pleasure Beach began their online store; there was barley anything on there, however since then the park has expanded the merchandise range probably quicker than any other UK amusement or theme park. Drayton Manor would have to do the same or something similar, however (as I’ve mentioned on this site many times before) the park-branded merchandise clearly isn’t successful, with you being able to almost buy it all/ most of it for under £20.

A shop could work if old ride parts were sold; but if they were to do that I’d hope they keep the items to a reasonable price, as Blackpool Pleasure Beach have continued to increase the price of ride parts so much that I don’t see many of them as a worthy way to spend my money.
That's true because Blackpool Pleasure Beach's authentic Ride Parts used to be fair enough prices, but now it's too expensive so you have to certainty think before you buy!

I would love to see Drayton do the ride Resins at a reasonable price because their really cute and Blackpool have got good deals for them compared to Thorpe Park and Alton Towers

I agree, they should have an online store but if they did they would need to increase the amount of park based merchandise they sell.
I think on my last trip i only got a branded keychain and jar of sweets.
Would love to see resins and pins as well as ride specific merch make a return.

I would happily buy ride parts online too (however a lot of the larger parts require collection which puts me off as I can't drive...)

I agree, they should have an online store but if they did they would need to increase the amount of park based merchandise they sell.
I think on my last trip i only got a branded keychain and jar of sweets.
Would love to see resins and pins as well as ride specific merch make a return.

I would happily buy ride parts online too (however a lot of the larger parts require collection which puts me off as I can't drive...)
I wouldn't say the merchandise is poor, because it's not as bad as some parks, but it's quite poor for a THEME PARK, which is why I'd love to see merch for Shockwave, Stormforce 10, Apocalypse, Maelstrom, Accelerator, The Haunting, Pandemonium and even the 'You got a bonus' phrase on Sheriff's Showdown merch. Mugs need to be ceramic not plastic, and the resins would be great like I've previously said. Authentic Ride Parts is a different forum but they could work in the online shop because they'd be able to sell stuff like PA leftover stuff, Excalibur (unruined) stuff, Chairlift (yes I still want a cable car in my back garden) and even signage from G-Force!

Back