Fire at Drayton Manor

Ciaran

Reaction Score
Favourite Ride
Apocalypse
It’s now known that the fire started in the Thomas Land expansion toilets. It’s believed that no rides have been damaged by fire however this isn’t 100% confirmed. The fire also spread to a nearby Thomas Land shop.

Although there’s no other fire damage, there may be a lot of smoke damage.

Reaction Score
The park had no luck this year 1st with the flooding, then forced to not open for another 4 months with the lockdown restrictions, then the company going into administration, then the tiers system forced them to cancel the Christmas event and now the fire.

Reaction Score
I think they should knock the toilets, gift shop and all the other building down just keep the building they use for trick or treat and getting your license.
I would build a theatre to put on live Thomasland shows which could be used all year. It would take up the little shop, the area Terence and the blue engines were and the queue line. I keep the toilets where they are and if the tea cup ride does go in put it on the area where the Unused bandstand is.

Ben R

Reaction Score
Favourite Ride
Air Race and Sheriffs Showdown
I think they should knock the toilets, gift shop and all the other building down just keep the building they use for trick or treat and getting your license.
I would build a theatre to put on live Thomasland shows which could be used all year. It would take up the little shop, the area Terence and the blue engines were and the queue line. I keep the toilets where they are and if the tea cup ride does go in put it on the area where the Unused bandstand is.
I think the only problem with that is there would be no toilets in Thomas land if that happens because the other ones were closed in 2015 to be used for storage and things like that

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if they will have temporary toilets available as I know from when my daughter was growing up when they need to go they need to go and the nearest toilets is back out the park or by air race.,