Sodor Classic Cars

They have indeed added seatbelts remlap - the Sodor Cars opened on 18/04/19 after their refurbishment and here are a few photos of them in action. The sensors seem to stop the cars a good distance away from one another and the system seemed to be working very well.

They have indeed added seatbelts remlap - the Sodor Cars opened on 18/04/19 after their refurbishment and here are a few photos of them in action. The sensors seem to stop the cars a good distance away from one another and the system seemed to be working very well.

View attachment 679View attachment 678
Do they still have someone sitting in the middle of the ride? Or have the seatbelts negated this? They seemed to start having a second person observing the ride just before it fire inside by the shop at Christmas time.

Reactions: Dan
Do they still have someone sitting in the middle of the ride? Or have the seatbelts negated this? They seemed to start having a second person observing the ride just before it fire inside by the shop at Christmas time.
Not that we could see! Just seemed to have the operator and if I remember right perhaps an attendant?

Anything different to the scenes?
Went on it the other day and i couldn't really see anything different they looked like they've had a bit of a tidy up though which is good to see. Operation wise it looked quite similar to the shooting one they stop when they are close, no real difference to the old ride but is nicce to see open

Reactions: Dan
Well again more problems
7D18D451-C182-4BC4-B734-C1196DA48CA4.jpeg

The green and Black cars are missing and they had to remove the red car so currently they down to 3 working cars. I do wonder how old they are so I went on them in the late 80’s.

Not good. It always surprises me that Drayton decided to keep this ride when they built Thomas Land in 2008.
I guess it's a pretty simple ride system as it was basically a scalextrix on a big scale. The problems seem to have come since they fitted sensors to all the cars which I always found odd as I don't think there was a particular issue with collisions.

I guess it's a pretty simple ride system as it was basically a scalextrix on a big scale. The problems seem to have come since they fitted sensors to all the cars which I always found odd as I don't think there was a particular issue with collisions.
They had sensors added so they could use more cars on the track. Also I heard that 1 car hit another in the undercover section and that’s why the sensors were installed.

Back