Photos

Not so much of a moan, but more of an idea.

We visit the park pretty often. We are lucky to be so close and so a trip after school for a quick ride cram is often a weekly treat. The annual passes make this possible.

Posing for the cameras on rides is part of the fun, but I can't remember purchasing one in the last couple of years. Its just that we don't seem to get a shot that warrants it all the time. But If we could pre buy 10 or so for the year, then we probably would. Especially if one of them was the pic with Santa!

I know the park has a need to recoup the money invested, but I do think with Annual Pass holders they are getting the best value out of us. I know my spend on food and drink has dropped massively since the prices have gone up and the discount reduced. It's the same for photos.

I don't know whether other annual pass holders feel the same, I know one can always be mistaken when you only get your own perspective. Yeah they may pick up an extra £100 throughout the year from me but may lose a lot more from others. Is the present way of doing things the sweetspot?

I have never brought a ride photo at Drayton Manor but would have done for Apocalypse’s final day if I could be bothered to join an over 1 hr queue on the final day.
I think Digital photos on your phone or sent to your email address is the way forward and would happily pay £2.50 or add a £20 per person to include unlimited downloads for the year with a annual pass.

I have never brought a ride photo at Drayton Manor but would have done for Apocalypse’s final day if I could be bothered to join an over 1 hr queue on the final day.
I think Digital photos on your phone or sent to your email address is the way forward and would happily pay £2.50 or add a £20 per person to include unlimited downloads for the year with a annual pass.
I agree this is definitely the way forward. I paid £20 at Alton Towers in the summer for all our digital photos and that worked really well, ordinarily I'd buy one tops if that.

I think Drayton could do something similar but I think £20 might be too much given the number of rides that have cameras and the throughput, I imagine it would seem like poor value if you only got 1 or 2 photos of your day.

I'd happily pay a bit more for the annual pass if it included unlimited digital photos as realistically I'd only buy 1 or 2 in the season anyway.

Well if any marketing bod from DMR happens to peruse this forum maybe they'll take the suggestion on board.

The other thing they may wish to consider is that it may not only increase the income from the cameras, but that if it is an add on then it may actually assist with the attractiveness of the Annual Pass amongst those that may be tempted there.

Back