New Rollercoaster for 2024

In an interview, the MD Victoria Lynn confirms a new family thrill coaster for 2024 on the apocalypse site. Opinions on what it could be? I do like the idea of a swing launch, but judging from family thrill description, and the fact that the park classify Thor as a thrill ride, I will be suprised if this has a restriction above 1.2, albeit pleasantly.

Birmingham Live interview with Victoria Lynn

A new generation Vekoma of some sorts seems to be the no.1 theory - very excited to see that whole area transform over the next 12 months!

Whatever coaster they go with I really hope it's themed well including the queue line. It's great what they've done so far with the themed lands of adventure cove and vikings so hopefully they will carry on with this with a new area and rollercoaster.

Well...

So today I went to the park for the March Weekends. More on that to follow elsewhere. Entry was through Vikings but it was impressed on me on arrival that our first stop should be the toilets so we went into ThomasLand and tried to see what views I could get on the construction work there.

It wasn't until I started walking back up that I noticed quite clearly as we rounded the amusement arcade that through the gap in between accelerator and the flying dutchman there was something different.

It was rubble. And lots of it.

The site of Pandemonium and Apocalypse has all but been cleared of the fixed stuctures. There is the pandemonium signage and a small outbuilding kiosk still there. Test Track may have gone also, but as I've detailed before I have difficulty visualising lay outs and remembering what was and wasn't there.

The topography and fencing doesn't make for the best views. But the front row of Jormungdr does.

IMG-0962.jpg
My first view.
IMG-0963.jpg
The remaining items
IMG-0975.jpg
IMG-0979.jpg
IMG-0977.jpg

IMG-0976.jpg

Your right ! Test track has gone thank goodness for that. I think we will see big changes within the next couple of months as they will want to make use of the good weather before the winter months arrive again. I’m there tomorrow, excited to see what’s going on.

For the rubble, there just clearing the space ready for the coaster so I'd imagine by the end of this season we will see supports, theming and possibly ride hardware? (train and track)

The old chip shop is currently coming down. Eye coaster just done a live feed and it’s half gone.
I'd heard the building wasn't safe which is why the new one was built so not surprising it's going.

I've tried to find photos of it online as I only have vague memories of it but I've never managed to find anything.

It had some of the figures from the Jungle Palladium installed in here around 2000/01 and you watched a show while eating or having a drink.
Think it was 2008/09 it was last used.

Back