New Thomas Land Ride 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanBoi

I have been down the Drayton Manor and seen this sign at the Thomas Land construction site. I know it is the vikings sign as it says at the top but for sure they cannot use a "Contact Zamperla" sign on a site that Zamperla is not working on? I believe it will be zamperla and most of Thomas Land is zamperla... What do you think?
FnvVy6LX0AAlwuJ

You can keep your drones...sometimes you just need boots on the ground!!!

Note the waves and the use of term "splash". Pretty big hints.

I thought I take a good close up of them boarding.
90ABFF8B-A28B-45DE-9B3D-10329641461B.jpeg
E615AD2C-112E-4D0D-BEE6-34C944D290B9.jpeg

The 3 waves and the 2 port holes is the most interesting part
26A626DE-7F1E-49D8-B536-CE6C832B0BCF.jpeg

EA5888BA-C944-4EBF-B5F2-295E844A54AE.jpeg

They added a waterproof liner. I also asked staff when will this open and it’s supposed to be all ready for the 1st April.
Notice the new door ways at the back of the train building

I really hope it isn’t this
Would easily fit in that area and add a theming element in the middle and around the sides. I asked staff and it’s supposed to open on the 1st April which is 37 days away.
Ground flatting has continued since my last update with a big delivery of pipes which I’m sure will connect underground to the water supply and the pumps.
B8093CA5-05F7-4477-93B8-66BE51AAB2B6.jpeg

I can’t get over the new look , I get things have to change but this much ? I am excited to see how they theme this ride.

Attachments

• D826258F-9C03-45C0-BF10-55812082A6BC.png
    D826258F-9C03-45C0-BF10-55812082A6BC.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 115
The problem is with Thomas land been 15 years old. Them kids have all growth up and most have moved on from theme parks. My daughter is 11 this year but she one goes on the rides cause of my 3 year old son and the limited ride offerings over the Autumn and Winter months.
It’s a wise move to keep up with the latest Thomas as that’s what the current under 5’s are watching and base it off the current Thomas will hopefully make the looping group to renew the IP in 2028.

I'm thinking that it might be something more like the River Rafts ride at Chessington, small log flume with an actual splash at the end.
Fun bonus fact, I'm fairly sure the one at Chessington is the same one they had at the Weymouth Sea life adventure park for a season or two (Was very short lived there - it went through a crocodile enclosure which was unique. That enclosure now houses fairy penguins!)

It's definitely the same one as Weymouth. When they moved it over and called it River Rafts I assumed they would be getting new boats, but no, kept the crocodiles which doesn't fit the theme at all.

Back to the Thomas Land flume, I'm hoping its something similar to that rather than the Zamperla mini. I'd guess we may see new models of a few characters dotted around it from the new series too. It would be odd to see the different styles, but I guess that's what Thomas is now, so should be reflected somewhere in the park.

The Zamperla mini seems too 'babyish' even for Thomas Land. It's going to have a very limited audience as once they figure out you don't get wet they'll be bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back