Behind the Scenes Tour

With the post on towers street about the behind the scenes tour was thinking we should do 1 on here as we all care about the park and it’s past, Present and future more than any other forum/fans group.

I been told after attraction source had a very good behind the scenes tour last month the park looking at having more paid tours.
They looking at the Haunting and sheriff showdown then if they goes well having stormforce 10 and River rapids and the coasters.

That would be amazing and it would bring in extra revenue for the park as people do pay for such experiences , take the big one at bppb. I think this would be a good move for Drayton and certainly one way to modernise the park .

I been told after attraction source had a very good behind the scenes tour last month the park looking at having more paid tours.
They looking at the Haunting and sheriff showdown then if they goes well having stormforce 10 and River rapids and the coasters.
A few of our team attended the Attraction Source event which had a behind the scenes tour of the Haunting. (Some of you may have seen our posts on the social media pages during this)
It was a really good tour and definitely something I would like to see more of. Unfortunately there was no photos during the tour (sorry everyone!)

On the topic of a "Drayton Talk Meet" - I am more than happy to look at arranging a small one to get the community together some more.
Would you prefer this to be during one of the parks upcoming events? (I'm thinking Summer Nights might be a nice one)

As Ciaran said, we are always looking to grow our audience/community. We would love to put on some larger events with everyone but to do that we will need a bigger community (But lets see what happens :D We never know what the future holds.)
We love our community right now and hope to keep growing to put on bigger events for everyone.

A few of our team attended the Attraction Source event which had a behind the scenes tour of the Haunting. (Some of you may have seen our posts on the social media pages during this)
It was a really good tour and definitely something I would like to see more of. Unfortunately there was no photos during the tour (sorry everyone!)
There are a couple of photos taken by Attraction Source on Twitter, here are a couple, which were taken in the library. Was there at the back of the group, lovely event met loads of enthusiastic people.
20230613_113110.jpg

20230613_113120.jpg

Source: Attraction Source

There are a couple of photos taken by Attraction Source on Twitter, here are a couple, which were taken in the library. Was there at the back of the group, lovely event met loads of enthusiastic people.
View attachment 4077
View attachment 4076
Source: Attraction Source
You can find a few of the DT team in some photos - will appear in more when the full gallery is released.
(no prizes for spotting us sorry!)

Question for the forum then! If you could have a behind the scenes tour for any actively operating ride, which would you choose?

You can find a few of the DT team in some photos - will appear in more when the full gallery is released.
(no prizes for spotting us sorry!)

Question for the forum then! If you could have a behind the scenes tour for any actively operating ride, which would you choose?
Definitely Sheriffs Showdown! I think Behind the scene tours of Dark rides are always the best as they reveal things you'd never see as a guest, so it makes your appreciate the effort put into the ride more than before.

Definitely Sheriffs Showdown! I think Behind the scene tours of Dark rides are always the best as they reveal things you'd never see as a guest, so it makes your appreciate the effort put into the ride more than before.
I agree entirely :D Dark rides have so much to see that you just don't see when travelling through the scenes. The lighting hides so much too. Its really interesting.

Sheriffs has all kinds of stuff in the main room and of course the past versions of the rides are also things to talk about.

On the topic of a "Drayton Talk Meet" - I am more than happy to look at arranging a small one to get the community together some more.
Would you prefer this to be during one of the parks upcoming events? (I'm thinking Summer Nights might be a nice one)

As Ciaran said, we are always looking to grow our audience/community. We would love to put on some larger events with everyone but to do that we will need a bigger community (But lets see what happens :D We never know what the future holds.)
We love our community right now and hope to keep growing to put on bigger events for everyone.
Just a couple of thoughts on this. Firstly thank you for bringing this forum back to life. It is certainly appreciated by me and I imagine that it is from everyone else here.

As for the meet up I think that may be nice. It would be good to know if it was a "family meet". Normally go to the park with the little lad, but on here I am on my own. Not sure how much interest it would have for him unless there were other little members about.

Just a couple of thoughts on this. Firstly thank you for bringing this forum back to life. It is certainly appreciated by me and I imagine that it is from everyone else here.

As for the meet up I think that may be nice. It would be good to know if it was a "family meet". Normally go to the park with the little lad, but on here I am on my own. Not sure how much interest it would have for him unless there were other little members about.
Thank you for being a part of the forum :) Our team is only half of the story. Without you and the other members, we wouldn't be able to run the forum.

We would love to have people of all ages at meet up events however I'm not too sure how many mini-members we would potentially have so they might be one of few (or the only one). I guess it would be your choice :) It would be a nice day out eitherway.
I'll potentially put together some polls & look at dates over the weeks. See what we can arrange. I'll take a proper look after my trip away to see what we can look into.

It would be more a "community meetup" so we'd all get some group photos & do some ride takeovers together (most likely for a few hours)

More to come on that thought!

On the topic of a "Drayton Talk Meet" - I am more than happy to look at arranging a small one to get the community together some more.Would you prefer this to be during one of the parks upcoming events? (I'm thinking Summer Nights might be a nice one)
I probably wouldn't be able to attend this as I am not an annual pass holder and I live roughly half an hour a way and only get 3-4 trips in a year, and so unless by lucky coincidence I end up going on the same day as this happens I most likely won't be there.
Probably the Rapids for me as I would love to see how exactly the ride functioned.

Back