New Ride Train

alfie8

What do you think the new ride train for 2023 will be, considering the 5 year plan will be fully going through?

My personal thoughts are Shockwave, but I'm not sure if it will become sit-down. I really hope not as it's the only stand-up coaster in the UK and is a staple to the park.

Personally I think it may be the buffalo. I know they refurbed the outside however it’s crawling to get out and into the station and is taking longer to move around the track.

Do you know I've never been on Shockwave? The little lad not making 1.4 yet means its never been a possibility unless I made the trip on my own. That being said I may seek to be the first one on it on April 1st!! As the little 'un will probably break 1.4 during this season I should test it first. I'll be disappointed if I don't get to go on it stand up.

Buffalo is a good shout. And one I hadn't really thought about. There was before the Vikings development a lot of quite dismissive talk about the Buffalo and I felt most of it was really uncharitable. It was one of our favourite rides.

That being said, since the rebrand...meh. It does struggle, its once round, and the queue to fun ratio just doesn't put it in the same ball park as other rides in the Park. Its only really sentimentality that would sadden me if it disappeared now. But with a bit more zip and a return to twice round then yeah, why not?

I hope you get to experience shock wave as it’s stand up form. I avoid it now personally because I think it hurts. Either that or I’m officially old . It will always be the buffalo to us and it’s easier to pronounce haha! We was gutted they moved it to a one lap coaster however with its current condition I totally understand this decision.

To me accelerator and troublesome trucks cars seem to be in good order so it’s got to be a coin toss between buffalo and shockwave. Both are in dire need. From my understanding shockwave used to be a two car train ( in my memories I remember one loading up whilst one went to the lift hill) but now it’s one train with the other train being used for scraps and spare parts. Similar to how they treated poccy.

However technically with the replacement train they could even be considering replacing Thomas Percy or Rosie as they are trains. I haven’t seen Percy for a very long time so maybe it’s Percy ?

However technically with the replacement train they could even be considering replacing Thomas Percy or Rosie as they are trains. I haven’t seen Percy for a very long time so maybe it’s Percy ?
It's possible.

Is it also possible that with the new style animations for Thomas its going to be something in line with the new iterations?

That’s such a good point! It could very well be. I was a little bit disappointed with Draytons operation policies yesterday though. I made a comment on my feed back but I’m not certain it will be considered. My little boy loves the fat controller and after the 2 pm show we headed into the airport cafe for a hot chocolate and some cake. To cut a long story short , whilst we was in there the actor for the fat controller walked into the cafe to get food and drink but was dressed in his own clothes so out of character but my little boy knew who it was and asked him why he wasn’t dressed up. I feel like they should have an area for them to leave and get things without ruining the magic of it all.

Maybe the feedback should have a different thread...I've got lots to say on that!!!

That's a shame for your son. I've often found that most of the entertainment staff have been nothing short of amazing and have leapt back into their personas as soon as they spot someone who would expect it.

Did he have an in character response? "I'm mystery shopping young man, to make sure that everyone does their best even when I'm not here" etc etc.

he was amazing and told him that he was undercover to make sure the troublesome trucks wasn’t being to troublesome but it was a shame that this was the situation in the first case. I would love to hear your thoughts on feedback. We definitely do need another thread.

A thought for this topic. In the 5 year plan, Maelstrom was due its work in 2022, but that didn't happen until the closed season just gone. By this logic, I would not expect to see the new train until the next closed season at the earliest.

A thought for this topic. In the 5 year plan, Maelstrom was due its work in 2022, but that didn't happen until the closed season just gone. By this logic, I would not expect to see the new train until the next closed season at the earliest.
Yeah I thought that. If it's for a major ride, like Shockwave or Thomas, Percy and Rosie then they would surely have done this in the closed season - they are all popular rides and would cause a lot of people to be upset if they were closed.

The problem is as Thomas land is open 2-3 weeks after the main season it’s only got the whole of Jan and to Feb Half term to get all the Thomas land and a few family rides ready so I guess with Percy been used for Christmas and half term it’s currently been serviced in the shed.

The problem is as Thomas land is open 2-3 weeks after the main season it’s only got the whole of Jan and to Feb Half term to get all the Thomas land and a few family rides ready so I guess with Percy been used for Christmas and half term it’s currently been serviced in the shed.
I very rarely see him running

Last night, I was lying in bed trying to doze off when I just randomly thought of this topic and started listing all the rides in the park it could be, and eventually, I thought of the Polperro Express. I don't know if the ride has had any sort of refurbishment recently or anything, but if it didn't maybe they would add some kind of 'electric train' which can be charged to save money. This might be completely wrong but after all, it's just a random theory I came up with while lying in bed lol

Last night, I was lying in bed trying to doze off when I just randomly thought of this topic and started listing all the rides in the park it could be, and eventually, I thought of the Polperro Express. I don't know if the ride has had any sort of refurbishment recently or anything, but if it didn't maybe they would add some kind of 'electric train' which can be charged to save money. This might be completely wrong but after all, it's just a random theory I came up with while lying in bed lol
Polperro is fine:) it's had maintenance last year so I wouldn't say that I would say maybe accelerater or Thomas percy and Rosie's engine tours

Polperro is fine:) it's had maintenance last year so I wouldn't say that I would say maybe accelerater or Thomas percy and Rosie's engine tours
Yeah, I thought the ride was fine, just a random idea I had lol. I don't know about Accelerator, didn't it get new trains for it's retheme in 2017? I think it will either be Shockwave or Thomas Percy and Rosie tours like you said.

Maybe accelerator could be themed to new area. Would be good to see shockwave rethemed as a surf coaster, not sure if that would be possible.

Back