Maelstrom

Me too. I only had to queue for Loki and Accelerator, all the other rides I did (thrill) were walk on!
That’s awesome . I’m unable to do the rapids as when I go there’s usually only 2 adults and my child who is under 1.2. As a result Drayton will not allow single riders onto the rapids and waiting for a group that leaves a space seat is pot luck.

That’s awesome . I’m unable to do the rapids as when I go there’s usually only 2 adults and my child who is under 1.2. As a result Drayton will not allow single riders onto the rapids and waiting for a group that leaves a space seat is pot luck.
I think the Height restriction is 2 high for the rapids it should be 1m or at most 1.1m as you got to go with an adult over 16 anyway to you 14 years old.
In America where you do get soaked is based on height restrictions not ages.

I think the Height restriction is 2 high for the rapids it should be 1m or at most 1.1m as you got to go with an adult over 16 anyway to you 14 years old.
In America where you do get soaked is based on height restrictions not ages.
I agree , I do understand it’s more of a precaution but with the boats as they are now, i do think the restriction is too high. Im pretty sure though they raised the height of the rapid and storm force after that little girl tragically lost her life.

I agree , I do understand it’s more of a precaution but with the boats as they are now, i do think the restriction is too high. Im pretty sure though they raised the height of the rapid and storm force after that little girl tragically lost her life.
Along with the safety regulations on rapids across the country too.
The addition of locked gates, more staff around the courses to keep an eye out and Im sure some have been toned down.

Though this is all more suited for the River Rapids thread :) :
https://www.draytontalk.co.uk/threads/286/

Anyone else noticed maelstrom seems to be almost... jittering/stuttering when at the top of its swings? Noticed it when riding today, was not a good feeling

I wouldn’t know , I always avoid maelstrom as I can guarantee I would throw up every time. The ride is old I can imagine the motors will begin to need a complete over haul. I know they do maintain them but surely there’s only so much maintenance you can do before having to need a new motor.

I wouldn’t know , I always avoid maelstrom as I can guarantee I would throw up every time. The ride is old I can imagine the motors will begin to need a complete over haul. I know they do maintain them but surely there’s only so much maintenance you can do before having to need a new motor.
I think the motor was recently replaced (start of this season I believe). - don't quote me on that though, I'm not 100% sure (but sure I read it somewhere)

First time this season I've noticed this issue

I think the motor was recently replaced (start of this season I believe). - don't quote me on that though, I'm not 100% sure (but sure I read it somewhere)

First time this season I've noticed this issue
I’d forgotten about that.

I see they had to remove all the theming off the side of the building as it was covered in graffiti
F4DEDB05-DBEE-4EAB-A5AF-2008CDBDCD65.jpeg

Back