Cadbury World

I have been a few times over the last few years and notably the christmas events are great. I think it needs a refresh to make revisits interesting. Perhaps now Merlin are involved, it will see some new attractions, although space is restricted.

For price, it's ok. The worst thing is you don't get to see the chocolate being made unfortunately.

Its definitely "reduced" in offering over the last few years. Seeing the factory packing rooms and stuff in action was pretty cool but removing that in recent years in favour of...photoboards makes for a long, unappealing walk through that one section

Would love to see how Merlin plan to adjust things

We went last summer (hadn't been for over 10 years prior to that). It was ok but I would expect more for the price. It is very disappointing that the factory tour has basically gone and now is just a walkthrough with boards to read. And then you have the whole disjointedness between the outside and inside bits.

I really do hope merlin make it better, it's not what is used to be imo.

We went last summer (hadn't been for over 10 years prior to that). It was ok but I would expect more for the price. It is very disappointing that the factory tour has basically gone and now is just a walkthrough with boards to read. And then you have the whole disjointedness between the outside and inside bits.

I really do hope merlin make it better, it's not what is used to be imo.
I totally forgot the outside bit last time. It's not very clear on how to get to it

I do miss the proper factory tour element.

Surprised nobody has already mentioned this... but has anyone been on the new trackless dark ride yet? If so... how was it?

I not been on it but reading reports and watching vlogs on it and guests having to wait up to a hour to ride hasn’t gone down well with visitors. Also a big slice of the tour has been removed as I can’t remember which floor the car ride was on but all that is out of bounds now and listed for future development.

I not been on it but reading reports and watching vlogs on it and guests having to wait up to a hour to ride hasn’t gone down well with visitors. Also a big slice of the tour has been removed as I can’t remember which floor the car ride was on but all that is out of bounds now and listed for future development.
The entire first floor is now unavailable? That's not good at all...
I heard they moved the have a go zone outside by the bournville experience too.

I understand it's the start of a larger investment but I don't think removing a huge piece of the attraction was the right way to start.

I haven't visited yet - every time I try to book there's no annual pass slots. I am reluctant to pay full price to visit when it's half the attraction by the sounds of it.
Hoping to visit and get a vlog made in the coming months when kids are back in school most likely

I Visited the week before the new ride opened, mainly because actually managed to get a last minute slot with the merlin pass.

Outside now is the 4D cinema, Kids playground, History of Cadbury/ Bournville and the have a go bit -

Inside it is all on one floor now.

As you go through to the chocolate demonstration area on the left hand side 2 doors is where the entrance to Cadabra was - This had already shut when we were there although they stated it would be open until the new ride was but maintenance issue had forced it to close. Also a lot of other bits were still shut - the advertising bit the gorilla was still missing and alot of other stuff was in a poor state tbh.

On A plus side the food in the cafe was very nice - It hasn't been merlin'd yet by the look of it and I hope it stays this way.

The new ride is located right at the exit by the gift shop - but doesn't have a proper waiting area for it so the queue just ends up blocking the corridor all the way back to the chocolate tasting area.

And for the important bit we got 4 bars of free chocolate each through the tour - however this does seem to vary every day/ depending on who is giving it out by looking at videos/reviews online.

Elise if you try the day before/2 days before you want to go there are nearly always a 4pm/4:30pm slot available - least popular time with the public it seems so at that late point they release it to annual pass holders.

I have noticed a deteriation in the offering since Merlin has taken over. The Christmas experience is not what it used to be. Hopefully they will bring back or improve the elements that have gone. I'm not a merlin passholder so would be paying the full whack. Did the christmas experience as a bundle with legoland discovery. My experience of merlin attractions is not great in recent years with the exception of the London Eye. I

I have to take some time off work soon (As I have too many days holiday) So i'll get booked in at some point this or next month.
A vlog with my findings will follow (on the themeparkinsanity channel)

And for the important bit we got 4 bars of free chocolate each through the tour - however this does seem to vary every day/ depending on who is giving it out by looking at videos/reviews online.
4 each?! I'm sure we only got 1 each the last time I went... it must really differ depending on the factors which you've already mentioned.

Back