New Map (website)

alfie8

There is now a new map on the website (plan your visit, map)

Personally, I hate it. It honestly looks like it was designed by somebody who knows nothing about theme parks (it probably was). Like, look at Shockwave and Stormforce 10 for example. They literally look nothing like coaster track or a water ride simply just because they went for a 'minimalistic' design.

But on the other hand, rides like Maelstrom and the Bounty look great in this form, but then compared to Wave Swinger or the Carousel, which are literally just circles with a pattern on, really doesn't look good.

Just thought I'd bring attention to this as I only just saw this when browsing the site, and I'm not sure when this was added.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-03 171954.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-03 171954.png
    890.2 KB · Views: 155
This is an old thread but there is now the option to download the standard 2D version of the map rather than the interactive one. Not sure if this was recently added or has been there for a while but just thought I'd point this out.

I do prefer the original map. It looks like someone taken their time designing where the newer version looks so poor.
I can’t believe they not even updated the in park maps as the new ride isn’t on there.

Personally, I hate it. It honestly looks like it was designed by somebody who knows nothing about theme parks (it probably was). Like, look at Shockwave and Stormforce 10 for example. They literally look nothing like coaster track or a water ride simply just because they went for a 'minimalistic' design.

But on the other hand, rides like Maelstrom and the Bounty look great in this form, but then compared to Wave Swinger or the Carousel, which are literally just circles with a pattern on, really doesn't look good.

Just thought I'd bring attention to this as I only just saw this when browsing the site, and I'm not sure when this was added.
I also just realised that Drayton have completely ignored the Pirate Adventure building and it is simply just grass and trees.

I also just realised that Drayton have completely ignored the Pirate Adventure building and it is simply just grass and trees.
And the original area for terence is classed as an open clean area with no gate. But the signs do say "! "Meaning it'd closed

I’ve just noticed on the map that’s on the website , it says the new area under construction for 2024 however I’ve spotted in the Thomas land area that they haven’t marked the new log flume ride on the map as that area is still just called maithwait station. Also if you look on the main entrance , they have the old retro logo of Drayton manor with shockwave on the graphic.

I’ve just noticed on the map that’s on the website , it says the new area under construction for 2024 however I’ve spotted in the Thomas land area that they haven’t marked the new log flume ride on the map as that area is still just called maithwait station. Also if you look on the main entrance , they have the old retro logo of Drayton manor with shockwave on the graphic.
Yes I noticed all of that

It appears the website (not sure about the app) no longer has the option to view this style of map.

Although I didn’t like it, it still seems a bit daft of them to get someone to design it and then not display it on their main source of traffic.

Back