Thomas Land over the years

thomasfan11

On the Drayton manor website it says most rides In Thomas land are changing to aeg this year does anyone know if the main line will be changed

On the wiki page after the problems with the models discipsion
The trouble with Wiki is anyone can update and change the text. I expect that we will get some version of an aeg ride however I don’t think realistically they will change all rides to this format as Thomas receives an update of some kind every couple of years. For example back when I was growing up it was the original Thomas where only the eyes moved. It took us a while to get used to the cgi Thomas but then you have Thomas and friends , Thomas big world big adventure series etc. it would cost far to much to update every ride to this format when the format is constantly changing.

The trouble with Wiki is anyone can update and change the text. I expect that we will get some version of an aeg ride however I don’t think realistically they will change all rides to this format as Thomas receives an update of some kind every couple of years. For example back when I was growing up it was the original Thomas where only the eyes moved. It took us a while to get used to the cgi Thomas but then you have Thomas and friends , Thomas big world big adventure series etc. it would cost far to much to update every ride to this format when the format is constantly changing.
Good point and it would be impossible to change everything cos barely any og characters are in

I would personally love to see a ride based on Gordon and one with Diesel 10 but that’s just my inner child . Kids today wouldn’t know who Diesel 10. What would you love to see at park?
Maybe
I would personally love to see a ride based on Gordon and one with Diesel 10 but that’s just my inner child . Kids today wouldn’t know who Diesel 10. What would you love to see at park ?
Maybe a Percy ride or a ride near the zoo since exhibition and Terrence are not there but maybe a Henry ride would be nice

I get the feeling the AEG rumour comes from some very disgruntled fans haha

I think the plan is (considering the layout of the Submarine Splash ride that IS based on AEG) to potentially expand into the carpark with AEG-centric rides if it does well enough; putting aside the fact that Thomas Land is one of THE most popular licensed parks in the UK, the metric tonage to convert everything to AEG would be extremely high budget and likely hard to justify.

Considering they've had branding of the show in the gift shops alongside merchandise + the charactes on bunting for the 15th Birthday celebrations/character hunt, I think Thomas Land does well enough that Mattel isn't as fussed about changing it anytime soon; likely why they're not changing the Day Out With Thomas stuff apart from voices on the US replicas and why the first fully AEG park is going to be in the US at Mattel Adventure Park (where I feel it'll likely do much better).
I would personally love to see a ride based on Gordon and one with Diesel 10 but that’s just my inner child . Kids today wouldn’t know who Diesel 10. What would you love to see at park ?
Tying into this, I'd love to see a Rio Grande Train with Bruno (the autistic brake car they introduced last year) as a gentler ride for younger kids/kids on the spectrum; he's become one of my personal fav characters and I feel could make for an easy new ride and a way of showing how far the Thomas-licensed rides have come in terms of design...especially since Lady's Carousel is a bit of an odd blend in terms of theming and just that ride type with a minor lick of paint and theming/stuck on a turntable.
NiaandBruno'sSpeedyDeliver35.jpg

I think if they also wanted to keep up the "coastline" they've started with the Search and Rescue Centre/Submarine Splash + keep fans of both periods happy, Skiff is a fan-favorite from both the CGI and AEG eras that could make for a fun ride; maybe a gentler water tour or themed bumper boats?
Skiff(AEG)promo.png

Same goes for Whiff who ironically has become WAY more prominent recently in AEG; a themed play area or even an indoor mini-area based around the redesigned Recycling Yard would be a fun time!
TheMysteryofLookoutMountain145.jpg

I get the feeling the AEG rumour comes from some very disgruntled fans haha

I think the plan is (considering the layout of the Submarine Splash ride that IS based on AEG) to potentially expand into the carpark with AEG-centric rides if it does well enough; putting aside the fact that Thomas Land is one of THE most popular licensed parks in the UK, the metric tonage to convert everything to AEG would be extremely high budget and likely hard to justify.

Considering they've had branding of the show in the gift shops alongside merchandise + the charactes on bunting for the 15th Birthday celebrations/character hunt, I think Thomas Land does well enough that Mattel isn't as fussed about changing it anytime soon; likely why they're not changing the Day Out With Thomas stuff apart from voices on the US replicas and why the first fully AEG park is going to be in the US at Mattel Adventure Park (where I feel it'll likely do much better).

Tying into this, I'd love to see a Rio Grande Train with Bruno (the autistic brake car they introduced last year) as a gentler ride for younger kids/kids on the spectrum; he's become one of my personal fav characters and I feel could make for an easy new ride and a way of showing how far the Thomas-licensed rides have come in terms of design...especially since Lady's Carousel is a bit of an odd blend in terms of theming and just that ride type with a minor lick of paint and theming/stuck on a turntable.
View attachment 3658
I think if they also wanted to keep up the "coastline" they've started with the Search and Rescue Centre/Submarine Splash + keep fans of both periods happy, Skiff is a fan-favorite from both the CGI and AEG eras that could make for a fun ride; maybe a gentler water tour or themed bumper boats?
View attachment 3659
Same goes for Whiff who ironically has become WAY more prominent recently in AEG; a themed play area or even an indoor mini-area based around the redesigned Recycling Yard would be a fun time!
View attachment 3660
That’s awesome that they’ve introduced an autistic break car. I feel like I’m regards to the Thomas series across the board they are very good at including different back grounds to represent the engines for kids.

Personally me and my child avoid AEG. He’s on the spectrum and it really upsets him how the trains move on the show. He can’t cope that the trains freely jump the tracks and can jump to face side ways. That and the voices. He hates anything when it’s out of routine so for us we avoid as it stresses him out far to much. (I do love that children are voicing the engines though) .

I love your idea about skip that would make such an awesome ride. I’d love to see more range in terms of merchandise. To me it feels almost to be 3 designs at most. Considering the big supermarkets do a brilliant range of Thomas clothes I think Drayton could up their game and make the clothing more interesting and fun however I’m sure what they do have currently sells well. I bet they make a good income from the Thomas sales.

That’s awesome that they’ve introduced an autistic break car. I feel like I’m regards to the Thomas series across the board they are very good at including different back grounds to represent the engines for kids.

Personally me and my child avoid AEG. He’s on the spectrum and it really upsets him how the trains move on the show. He can’t cope that the trains freely jump the tracks and can jump to face side ways. That and the voices. He hates anything when it’s out of routine so for us we avoid as it stresses him out far to much. (I do love that children are voicing the engines though) .

I love your idea about skip that would make such an awesome ride. I’d love to see more range in terms of merchandise. To me it feels almost to be 3 designs at most. Considering the big supermarkets do a brilliant range of Thomas clothes I think Drayton could up their game and make the clothing more interesting and fun however I’m sure what they do have currently sells well. I bet they make a good income from the Thomas sales.
Well I just avoid it and check to see it for new characters on google o don't like it Jew to it not being The Thomas I know but like the Milan Tonner said it could just be a new area of the rides

Entirely valid; I have a pretty equal amount of friends who like or dislike the series, and I very much see both sides...it certainly took some getting used to for me, and I can't blame those who aren't able to get into it (especially for stuff like that).

I am glad that Bruno has been genuinely well written representation of it nailing a lot of things I and a few others have struggled with (routines are a part of Bruno's character and the Lookout Mountain movie they screened recently had a surprisingly strong take on showing overstimulation and how it effects him).
Thank you! And do agree from what I've seen; when I was invited to the now-shuttered Thomas Land at Edaville USA, I noticed the gift shop had a lot of really fun apparel designs; would like to see more on that front from what I've peaked at in videos of the park!

Just echoing what others have said on this really but going to say it anyway :)
I don't think we will see the whole area be rethemed to the new versions but any new rides & attractions added will most likely continue with the new style.
Might even become a "sub-land" inside Thomasland for further expansion which could be cool.

Just echoing what others have said on this really but going to say it anyway :)
I don't think we will see the whole area be rethemed to the new versions but any new rides & attractions added will most likely continue with the new style.
Might even become a "sub-land" inside Thomasland for further expansion which could be cool.
Yea

When does Submarine Splash open?????
Supposedly May 1st, according to other people on this site who have asked workers but I wouldn't be certain because (I think) it was planned to open on April 1st with the start of the season and Thomas Land 15th birthday.

Supposedly May 1st, according to other people on this site who have asked workers but I wouldn't be certain because (I think) it was planned to open on April 1st with the start of the season and Thomas Land 15th birthday.
So are u saying it's going to open earlier

Back